cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Collaboration : Invoice Creation Type field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Invoice Creation Type field in the SNC Web UI is always "Invoice Creation not allowed" irrespective of the settings to the Master Data / Transaction Data.

Given below are the settings I ve maintained

ECC System:

PO -> Item Details -> Invoice Tab:

Inv. Receipt Indicator - Checked

GR-Bsd IV - Checked / Unchecked

SNC System:

Vaildation Checks - Tried both these settings:

1. PO_INVOICE_CREATION - Active

PO_INVOICE_DATA_ASSIGN - Active

PO_INVOICE_RELATED_TO_PO_OR_ASN - Inactive

2. PO_INVOICE_CREATION - Inactive

PO_INVOICE_RELATED_TO_PO_OR_ASN - Active

Infact, I am not able to see the Invoice tab itself in the PO details screen in SNC Web UI.

Note : I am using the Orders.Orders05 Idoc for sending the PO from ECC to SNC system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath

Your settings are fine

Please do the following checks

If you use IDocs of type ORDERS.ORDER05, SAP SNC can instead read the data for these fields from a reference document, such as a contract, that has previously been transferred via the Core Interface (CIF).

In your PO you would have referenced a contract/agreement, Please check whether it is CIFed or not

Also before CIFING do implement these notes

1053121 & 828912

Now when you send the ORDERS idoc, The RON xml reads this data and puts in structure

<FollowUpInvoice>

<RequirementCode>01</RequirementCode>

<GoodsReceiptBasedInvoiceIndicator>TRUE</GoodsReceiptBasedInvoiceIndicator>

<CustomerSelfBillingIndicator>FALSE</CustomerSelfBillingIndicator>

<ProductTaxationCharacteristicsCode>V1</ProductTaxationCharacteristicsCode>

</FollowUpInvoice>

Irrespective, whether you create invoice for ASN or PO, the tab should be visible as Nikhil rightly mentioned

In SAP SNC , Controlling Invoice Creation for POs is done by FollowUpRequirementCode as mentioned above

Now since you are using ORDERS, you need to check you SA or Contract in Item Details Tab

the following fields need to be checked "IR" in both cases and In Header Details Field "Invoicing Party"

Also during creation of PO, make sure you dont check Unlimited Overdelivery in item delivery tab and even in your reference document.

Now after implementing above two notes reCIF and try creating PO, It will work

Please do mention whether you are able to see the above structure in your RON xml in SCM side and what details???

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil / Vinod,

Thanks for your detailed replies. I ve split the issue into 2 parts:

1. Visibility of Invoice tab in SNC PO details screen:

As suggested by Nikhil, I went through the SAP Note #1466044. I ve asked my tech team to implement the suggested correction. Will update the status once that is done.

2. Invoice creation type field:

Firstly, I wanted to clarify that we neither use SA / Contracts as reference docs in the PO. We just have Puchasing Info Records which are CIFed to SNC.

In PIR, following are the settings maintained:

GR-Bsd IV Indicator - Unchecked

Unlimited Indicator - Unchecked

No ERS - Checked

Also, with regards to the 2 CIF related Notes (#1053121 & #828912), I had the following queries:

a. We are using ECC 6.0 Ehp4 & SAP NW 7.1 Ehp1 for PI. So does these notes apply even for these latest versions?

b. Are they applicable for CIFing PIRs?

Currently my RON XML message strucutre does not have any of the fields mentioned by you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you mention you are using purchase info record.

In SNC go to transaction /N/SAPAPO/MTI2 and enter Log.Source Syst. as your ECC logical system,source category=3 and click on Read resource.

Click on change mode and go to your purchase info record check the ERS entry (right side extreme ) select No and save the setting.

Now resend or create new PO and send it to SNC and check invoice tab should be visible in SNC PO detail view.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath

We are using ECC 6.0 Ehp4 & SAP NW 7.1 Ehp1 for PI. So does these notes apply even for these latest versions?

Not required only for SAP ERP releases prior to SAP ERP 2005

Are they applicable for CIFing PIRs?

As explained not required.

Since you do not use SA / Contracts as reference docs in the PO, the settings need not be maintained

In PIR, following are the settings maintained:

GR-Bsd IV Indicator - Unchecked

Unlimited Indicator - Unchecked

No ERS - Checked

They are fine

I have one query, since you are on EHP4, why not use POERPRON xml???

Once the Note mentioned by Nikhil is implemented, You will see things flowing

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After implemeting the SAP Note #1466044, the invoice tab in PO details screen became visible. And after making the below setting in SNC:

In SNC go to transaction /N/SAPAPO/MTI2 and enter Log.Source Syst. as your ECC logical system,source category=3 and click on Read resource.

Click on change mode and go to your purchase info record check the ERS entry (right side extreme ) select No and save the setting

The Invoice Creation Type field changed to : "Invoice Creation with PO or RO Reference"

Thus my issue is resolved. Thanks Nikhil / Vinod for the detailed explanations.

I wanted to clarify one more point. There is no field for GR-Bsd IV Indicator in the SNC PIR. Also, the Orders Idoc does not transmit this field. So how can we control this field in SNC?

@ Vinod : No particular reason for not using POERPRON xml. We are still trying out the scenarios in Sandbox.

Thanks and Regards,

Bharath

Edited by: Bharath Abhishek on Jun 15, 2011 4:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath

I wanted to clarify one more point. There is no field for GR-Bsd IV Indicator in the SNC PIR. Also, the Orders Idoc does not transmit this field. So how can we control this field in SNC?

This is a limitation of ORDERS idoc, where you can only send it by reference idoc!! like contract or SA

Or else you start using idoc PORDCR1 which can send

● Tax code

● Invoice follow-up code

● Tax jurisdiction code

● Goods receipt based invoice indicator

● ERS indicator

or POERPRON xml

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinod for the clarification !!

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having the opposite issue.  I have ERS PO's getting the "Invoice creation not allowed" creation type.  However, as soon as we make a change to the PO and resend to SNC, the creation type changees to "Invoice similar to predecessor document."  And inbound Inovice xmls fail to post in SNC.

Our validation rules are curently set as:

1. PO_INVOICE_CREATION - Active (standard setting)

PO_INVOICE_DATA_ASSIGN - Active (standard setting)

PO_INVOICE_RELATED_TO_PO_OR_ASN - Active (Own setting)

Our PIRS are marked accordingly, as ERS and GRBIV. We are on ECC 5.0 and using ORDERS idocs.

I believe it is a combination of our validation checks but I'm not sure what the proper combination is.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It looks like you have maintained Goods-Receipt-Based Invoice Verification indicator in contract/scheduling agreement which you have CIF to SNC.

Uncheck Goods-Receipt-Based Invoice Verification indicator in your contract/scheduling agreement and CIF to SNC.

Anyways if you checked or unchecked Goods-Receipt-Based Invoice Verification indicator invoice tab should be visible for this issue check out the SAP note 1466044 "Invoice tab in PO details not visible".

You have already maintained proper settings for invoice creation with invoice type invoice in SNC:

In ECC:

PO -> Item Details -> Invoice Tab:

Do not check the Goods-Receipt-Based Invoice Verification indicator

SNC System:

Vaildation Checks - Tried both these settings:

1. PO_INVOICE_CREATION - Active

PO_INVOICE_RELATED_TO_PO_OR_ASN - Inactive

2. PO_INVOICE_CREATION - Inactive

PO_INVOICE_RELATED_TO_PO_OR_ASN - Active

Regards,