cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Transfering items from MDM Catalog to Shopping Cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have implemented standard SRM 7.0 in our DEV Landscape and integrated with MDM. However in the standard shopping cart scenario we are facing an error. Here is the scenario

- We goto the ESS option in Portal and click on Shop

- This opens a new window with Roadmap with title "Shop in 4 steps"

- We choose Browse Internal Product Catalog and this navigates us to SRM-MDM Product Catalog Application

- In this application we add a product to cart

- When we goto cart and click on transfer items, the window closes but on the main window we see following errors

a. Product and description are missing

b. Incomplete items in catalog. Only complete items were transferred

Any idea what is going wrong. We have checked the short and long description in MDM system and its properly maintained. Also based on a thread we checked the version and we are using all the latest version and patches.

If anyone can help, that will be really great.

Regards,

sapnwm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly check if you have maintained the OCI Mapping for the relevant fields.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

alejandro_jimenez2
Participant
0 Kudos

i using MDM 7.0 SP 6.0 , maybe this is a bug of this version.?

alejandro_jimenez2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

i have the same problem -Incomplete items in catalog. Only complete items were transferred-, somebody help me please.

We have checked in MDM Repository and the Short Description has values populated. If I change the mapping to Supplier Name, transfer works fine.

i don´t understand the solution proposed for Jason. I am sure that the minimum required for procurement document creation is the existance of either a Short Text Description or a Material Number. It is a catalog services, we are working with SRM7.1 & MDM7.0, the Web As Java for MDM is on SUS server.

i have review the OCI mapping, the requisites for transfer, the debugging for the Content to transfer. I don´t have a solution for

this problem and in the next week i have planned .

Add, in another hand, the catalog services, when i transfer any item from the catalog, i see in the debugging that SRM take it like a material, and the GUID have an error, -The system can interpreted the GUID-. i am trying to chance in OCI mapping, but this field is lock for changes.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Implement the code from note 487917 into your Badi BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER, this will write to the application log the transferred data but, more importantly, it will also capture the 'actual' error in et_messages rather than the generic 'Incomplete items in catalog.....' message. This will obviously then give you a very good idea of the problem! Alternatively, you could also debug the transfer to see in realtime what the errors are, perhaps you can review the note 1577768 whcih describes how to analyse this issue and linksd also to a Wiki entry complete with screen shots. (In case you really do want to debug it )

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks a ton for your reply. I am very new to SRM and your reply is a saviour. I will debug this and update this thread.

Regards,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I have debugged and found that after the CALL FUNCTION 'WSI_IMPORT_DATA' the description field in lt_oci_item_data is blank. If I populate it manually, the items are transferred and cart gets created.

However, I am not sure why its coming blank. I can see the short description and long description being popuated in MDM. Also it shows correctly in MDM WD Java Application. I have even checked the OCI Mapping and I can see that NEW_ITEM-DESCRIPTION is mapped to Short Decription in the drop down.

Any idea what can be wrong here? Anyway to test the WS directly and check where is the issue.

Regards,

Shubham

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I suggest that you implement the code from the note 487917 into the badi and verify the data which is being passed in the structure, as SRM-MDM contains existing mappings for NEW_ITEM-XXXXXXX parameters there should be no issue with said mappings unless you have changed these in the MDM Catalog specifically.

Best to see first what is being passed by using the Badi code and go from there.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

We implemented the Note and now we see the error message in Application Log. We are using standard mapping as we restored to SAP Default configuration using the button provided in the OCI Mapping screen.

After this when we run the transfer, we get this error in Application Log

NEW_ITEM-LINE = 00001

NEW_ITEM-QUANTITY = 1

NEW_ITEM-UNIT = EA

NEW_ITEM-PRICE = 35.0000

NEW_ITEM-PRICEUNIT = 1

NEW_ITEM-CURRENCY = USD

NEW_ITEM-VENDOR = 213

NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP = 00106

NEW_ITEM-SERVICE = X

NEW_ITEM-EXT_PRODUCT_ID = GUID39

NEW_ITEM-PURCHORG = W100

00001 E BBPWS Product and description are missing

We have checked in MDM Repository and the Short Description has values populated. If I change the mapping to Supplier Name, transfer works fine. So I suspect something wrong on MDM side.

Any pointer what might be missing here

Regards,

Jai

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

The error is as described, in catalog transfer, the minimum required for procurement document creation is the existance of either a Short Text Description or a Material Number, your transferred data has neither, as it is a service I expect that a short description is assigned to it, make sure this is linked to the OCI parameter NEW_ITEM-SHORT_DESCRIPTION[N] for transfer, for more details on the required fields in catalog transfer see the note 336658.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following fields are required fields in all cases: (to be mapped in OCI settings in the catalog Config UI)

u2022 Either NEW_ITEM-DESCRIPTION[n] or NEW_ITEM-MATNR[n] must be filled. Only one of the two should be filled.

u2022 NEW_ITEM-QUANTITY[n]

The following fields are required fields depending on conditions:

u2022 NEW_ITEM-UNIT[n] if NEW_ITEM-MATNR[n] has not been filled

u2022 NEW_ITEM-CURRENCY[n] if NEW_ITEM-PRICE[n] has been filled

u2022 NEW_ITEM-EXT_SCHEMA_TYPE[n] if NEW_ITEM-EXT_CATEGORY_ID[n] or

NEW_ITEM-EXT_CATEGORY[n] are used

u2022 NEW_ITEM-EXT_QUOTE_ID[n] if NEW_ITEM-EXT_QUOTE_ITEM[n] has been used

u2022 NEW_ITEM-CONTRACT[n] if NEW_ITEM-CONTRACT_ITEM[n] has been used

All other fields are optional.

make sure these are mapped - and that these fields have values in MDM

hth

thanks