cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protecting a Forecast Profile (Master Profile & Univariate from change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have two Forecast Profiles (Master Profile and Univariate Profile) which are assigned to the Auto Model 2 which we do not want any of the parameters to be change by any users. Lately someone has been going in and by mistake changing the History Horizon from 36 months to 24 months and we done want this.

Is there a way that we can protect these fixed master profiles / univariate profiles from accidental change by the user?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark

See if you can control through authorization - OSS Note 400434

C_APO_PRPF: Authorization for forecast profile (as of SCM 4.1)

ACTVT Activity (02, 03, 16)

APO_PRPFL Overall forecast profile

APO_STATPF Univariate forecast profile

APO_MLRPF MLR forecast profile

APO_COMPPF Combined forecast profile

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for your reply

I'm not the security expert but I will forward this onto someone who may know. Just one question, we have nearly 1000 forecast profiles / Master Profiles / Univariate profiles that need to remain freely changable by the business with two automodel profiles which must not be changed. Is it possible to use security just to target these two profiles that we dont want changed leaving the 1000 profiles freely changable?

Thanks for your assistance.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark

I'm pretty sure you can using specific values for APO_PRPFL and APO_STATPF.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I have done this requirement in our business.

you need to create new role or change the existing role, in that authorization object C_APO_PRPF and in field APO_PRPFL give all univarient names excluding 2 univarient profiles name that you do not want to change or give like a* , b* ........ y* z* and A, B, C* ....Y, Z ( with caps also) excluding those 2 univarient profiles names start letters and make sure the same starting letter should not have to other profiles.

and in activity select all ( 02 --change, 03 display, 16 execute)

in the next step

in that authorization object C_APO_PRPF and in field APO_PRPFL give as * ( in general it should be *, means for all profiles) and in activity do not give activity 02 ( change) and give remaining 03 ( display) 16 (execute).

explain the same to your basis person, this should work

Thanks

Kishore

Answers (0)