cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update ST/PI Plugin - Init delta queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Yesterday, our basis team, asked me to clean all extraction queue in BW. They will update a plugin (ST/PI) that control the connection between the enviroment BWP and ECP.

I have to delete all the queues in transactions SMQ1, RSA7 and empty the setup table using LBWG. The note 1081287 will give a better explanation about this.

My question is:

Will I have to restart all the LIS extraction again with full update?

For example, to start the datasource 2LIS_08TRTLP, I have to execute the transaction VTBW and after execute an init delta in BW with all data.

Is there a way to start this delta without carry all the data again?

I wanna carry only the new data to BW to update the cubes

thanks

Paulo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should go back to your basis team and ask htem if they really want you to delete the queues. This is EXTREMELY unusual, and in fact I would ask for a written statement before doing it on a productive system.

Probably they want you to EMPTY the delta queues, this can be done by loading the data (twice).

Best regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralf,

They asked me to do these steps:

1 - Call transaction SMQ1 and check whether all queues in all clients (client = '', queue name 'MCEX') have been processed. To process the queues, start the collective run report for each application in the displayed clients. If you no longer need the data in the BW system, deactivate the relevant extraction queues and DataSource in the LO cockpit (transaction LBWE) and delete the queue entries in transaction SMQ1.

2 - Before the upgrade, delete the contents of the setup tables. Execute report RMCEX_SETUP_ENTRIES to find out which setup tables still contain entries. You can use transaction LBWG to delete the contents of the setup tables for all clients.

If I delete the contents of the setup tables using LBWG transaction, Will I have to restart all the queues again? Will I lost data?

Thank you

Paulo