cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importence of transfer date and aw01n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Company already implemented and running the SAP. I want to upload the assets one of business area. I am having some doubts regarding

1. While uploading asset master data what is the importance of the transfer date ?

2. In my company WIP assets are there. Previously they did the required settings. While checking the asset explorer (AW01N) the value of the assets is not visible why?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the below answer of your queries

1. While uploading asset master data what is the importance of the transfer date ?

A- Scenario1 last fiscal year closed in legacy system in Dec 2010 - Transfer Date would be 31.12.2010.

In this case system takes this data as a basis that the transactions till this date has already posted in legacy system and from 1.1.2011 onward trnasaction shall be posted in SAP

Scenario 2- last fiscal year closed in legacy system in Dec 2010 but you take Transfer Date as 01.04.2011.

In this case last fiscal year closed in legacy would be 2010 and for 2011 from Jan to March, trnasactions have already posted in legacy, all these transaction can not be brough in SAP with history in this case and only cumulative figures till March shall be brough in SAP.

2. In my company WIP assets are there. Previously they did the required settings. While checking the asset explorer (AW01N) the value of the assets is not visible why?

You should check AS92/AS93 transaction with take over values and transaction values, if it is not appearing in asset exploere would mean there must be some mess with the asset which can be checked in AS92/AS93.

Thanks!!!

Murlidhar Khatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali,

Capitalization date is purchase order date. Ordinary dep start date is used to start the deprecation from that date. Any transaction posted from the capitalization date. What is the use of transfer date?

Secondly now I am working in development Clint. For the year 2010 deprecation is not posted. Can I start the upload of asset master through as91?

In the WIP ASSET, i verified the AWO1N. Planed value of depreciation is not visible. But entries posted with the transaction type of 100 and 345. But asset value is not visible?

Answers (0)