Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting Time dimension in EVDRE

avihay_efrati2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is probably an easy question that for some reason I fail to answer.

I have an EVDRE with Time dimension in the columns.

I have defined my Time dimension as 2011.Jan, 2011.Feb, 2011.Mar etc.

One line below the key I have placed a description (in Hebrew) and I have indicated to hide the column keys.

During the expansion the dimension is not sorted properly. The order (by month number) is:

2011.Feb 2011.Jan 2011.Mar

2011.Apr 2011.Jun 2011.May

2011.Aug 2011.Jul 2011.Sep

2011.Dec 2011.Nov 2011.Oct

It seems that the system sorts it first by querter and then by alphabetic order.

Any ideas how can I control the sorting of columns in EVDRE?

I have also upgraded to 7.5 SP06. I last saved the template in SP05. When I open the template I can see that the dimension is sorted properly and then during the expansion it changes the sorting order. Did any one tackle this in SP06?

Thanks,

Avihay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP released a SAP Note regarding this issue:

1581331 - Time dimension is not sorted correctly in Excel Client

Halomoan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In TIME dimension, you would find TIMEID which is a unique sequence number that you need to assign. Could you try giving it in the sequence?

Also try with the MONTHNUM property. you can give 1 for 2011.JAN, 2 for 2011.FEB etc.

Process the TIME dimension and then check if you get report in proper order.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created similar reports using EVDRE and you can control this by selecting BAS as member set options in the excel sheet control panel.

You can enter BAS(parent) to return the base members of a specified parent.For eg: as shown below

PARAMETER EXPANSION 1 EXPANSION 2

ExpandIn COL ROW

Dimension TIME CAPACCOUNT

MemberSet BAS SELF

avihay_efrati2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Below is additional information:

1. The Period propery is well defined (i.e. 1-2 for months 13-16 for quarters and 17 for year's total).

2. Ther is a MBR__SEQ property that I see in RSA1 for the InfoObject. It is not unique. I have used in the past the time format 2011.01 - 2011.12 and for 2011 both 2011.01 and 2011.Jan have the same value for MBR__SEQ. This did not yield any problem when I was weorking with SP05. As I mentioned the problem only appeared when I have upgraded to SP06.

3. In my EVDRE I use BAS,SELF so this should be OK.

The question I broader than just the time issue. Apart from solving the time issue I would also like to know if there is some standard way to control sorting of columns. For rows there is the sorting parameters but I could not find anything for columns (or I might miss someting...).

Thanks,

Avihay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avihay,

Actually the dimensions in reports or input schedules appear in the same order as you have maintained the hierarchy. But, yes, you can make some sort of arrangements using control panel memberset option. For eg. you can see parents after or parents before the base level members. There is no other option to change the order of members being displayed in IS or reports.

As far as your issue is concerned, even I was facing exactly the same problem. I checked time dimension membersheet and there found that 'TIMEID' property was not maintained properly. Therefore, would request you to cross-check the TIMEID property in membersheet and if it has been assgned correctly to each of the time dimension members. Goto to Maintain dimension members, change the sheet and reprocess the dimension.

I think this will resolve your issue.

Rgds,

Poonam