cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Tax Code vs Condition Prices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have an issue with Tax Code in Invoice Tab of a PO item and the original tax calculated in Conditions of the PO item.

Users are creating SCs/POs in SRM with a Tax code 'V0 - 0% VAT'. When the SC is replicated to R/3, it is converting into a PO and on the PO item, Invoice tab tax code is displayed correctly as 'V0'. But, if I check conditions tab, ZVAT is calculated at 19%, increasing the price of the PO by huge margin. If I select the ZVAT and display more details of the condition rec, it is showing Tax Code as 'N5 - 19%'. I can see that, tax code N5 is coming from condition records maintained in R/3 (tcode MEK2) and at a rate of 19%. My question is, when picking N5-19% from condition record, does system consider Tax code in Invoice tab or not? If no, why? If yes, how to make it done. Please help me. Thanks!

-Tirumala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the access sequence of your ZVAT condition to find out how system is determining the condition records.

If the condition record which was determined in the PO is wrongly maintained then you can delete the same so that next time this issue wont arise.

Also I hope the tax code - V0 in the PO taxes tab is determined through condition records maintained for MWST/NAVS condition.

Please revert if you still have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP FC,

Thanks for your response.

V0 in the PO taxes tab is determined through condition records maintained for MWST/NAVS condition

Tax code V0 is simply coming from SRM PO/SC. As you mentioned, V0 is also properly maintained in MWST.

R/3 condition records are triggering ZVAT with tax code N5-19%. We can delete the condition record and correct it.

But, my question is while determining tax code, condition records considers Invoice tab tax code or not? Because, if I make changes in condition records and in turn if it checks and conflicts with invoice tax code, I will be in trouble. Thanks!

-Tirumala

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I didnt get your question.

First of all, ZVAT is appearing in the PO since condition records are maintained for the same. Hence if you dont want that, you can simply delete it.

System will always consider the invoice tab - taxes only.

Also the tax code - N5 in the ZVAT condition is a dummy tax code. i.e. it doesn't play any role for tax determination.

Hope its clear.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the Purchasing Inforecord will have any influence in condition price calculation?? Why I am asking is, when PIR has a tax code 'V0', even though PO gets a different tax code, in condition analysis it says "Condition record exists, but has not been set" and then it is calculating price as per Tax code 'V0' maintained in Condition records also. Please clarify.

-Tirumala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If a tax code is maintained in your PIR then same will be determined/copied when you create a new PO

If let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP FC,

You are really helping me a lot. This is also what my primary understanding and I communicated the same to my customer.

But, he simply rejected it, saying a lot many other things. I am searching for SAP standard documentation / OSS notes which may confirm the same. If you have any such references, could you please help me with links. Once again, thank you very much for your help..

-Tirumala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz. Can someone throw some light on this issue. Thanks!