cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal reports .net 2010 on iis 7.5 windows 64 bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need help running crystal reports .net 2010 on windows 2008 r2 64 bit iis 7. I have everything working fine local on my xp worstation and when i publish to my web server it doesn't work - give me a generic server error 500. I installed CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_1.msi.

example of my web.config

<configuration>

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="businessObjects">

<sectionGroup name="crystalReports">

<section name="rptBuildProvider" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.RptBuildProviderHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, Custom=null" />

</sectionGroup>

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy ="true">

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" />

</startup>

<appSettings>

<add key="CrystalImageCleaner-AutoStart" value="true" />

<add key="CrystalImageCleaner-Sleep" value="60000" />

<add key="CrystalImageCleaner-Age" value="120000" />

</appSettings>

<compilation debug="true" defaultLanguage="c#" targetFramework="4.0" strict="false" explicit="true">

<assemblies>

<add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" />

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" />

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" />

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" />

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" />

<add assembly="System.Data.Entity.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />

<add assembly="System.Data.Entity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />

</assemblies>

</compilation>

<system.webServer>

<modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"/>

<handlers>

<add name="CrystalImageHandler.aspx_GET" verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" preCondition="integratedMode" />

</handlers>

<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />

</system.webServer>

I read that the app pool should be set to 32 bit but when I do that the site crashes as the app pool fails. what else do i need to do to get this to work?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

You distributed the 64 bit runtime so trying to run your app in 32 bit will fail. If you want to run in 32 bit mode then deploy the 32 bit redist package also.

That generic error typically indicates access problems.

Download Fiddler and check the logs for permissions as well as the permission on the app folder, temp folder etc.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

so I'm guessing that I need to install the 32 bit version on the 64bit os?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct:

MSM

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_mergemodules_13_0_1.zip

MSI 32 bit

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0_1.zip

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

Former Member
0 Kudos

here is where I'm at thus far:

dev web server

1. installed the 32 runtime on windows 2008 r2 64bit

2. iis7.5 app pool - enable 32 bit

vs2010 on xp pro - web app

1. build - platform target any cpu

2. reference to CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer

3. web.config

<!<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" />>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" />

4. code file that uses CR

using CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine;

using CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer;

New error instead of 500 server error:

Unable to find the report in the manifest resources. Please build the project, and try again.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException: Unable to find the report in the manifest resources. Please build the project, and try again.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[LoadSaveReportException: Unable to find the report in the manifest resources. Please build the project, and try again.]

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.EngineExceptionUtils.DoThrowException(String message, EngineExceptionErrorID id) +40

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ExceptionThrower.ThrowEngineException(String messageID, EngineExceptionErrorID id) +165

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportClass.Load(String reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +880

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.EnsureLoadReport() +113

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.SetDataSourceInternal(Object val, Type type) +53

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.SetDataSource(DataSet dataSet) +66

JSA.Intranet.uccenterdeliverysystem.btnReport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Projects\Intranet\Intranet\usercontrols\uccdsystem.ascx.cs:145

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +113

System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +176

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

-

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is this?

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException: Unable to find the report in the manifest resources

I'm querying sql and building a report from the data in sql. I have a designated folder called reports where they are all stored.

0 Kudos

It could be one of those generic error messages caused by some other process or permission problem.

Does the app have full read/write access to the \temp folder?

When a report is opened CR copies it to the %system%\temp folder and uses it to run the report, you'll see a file in there *.rpt with a long GUID ID type file name.

If Cr can't write the report to the temp folder an error will be generated.

Thank you

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And to add to Don's post. Do not compile as "Any CPU". Choose 32 or 64 bit.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

did that so the permissions are set

Former Member
0 Kudos

i compile to 32 and 64 but the same issue is present --

Unable to find the report in the manifest resources. Please build the project, and try again.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException: Unable to find the report in the manifest resources. Please build the project, and try again.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you do not have references to CR 10.x as well as CR 13.x in the project.

See [this|; thread.

If there is a c: emp directory on that computer, rename it.

Irrespective of the following KB tiltle, see if the content helps:

[1203623 - 'Unable to find the report in the manifest resources.' when upgrading from Visual Studio .NET 2003 to Visual Studio .NET 2005|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_bi/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes%7B6163636573733d36393736354636443646363436353344333933393338323636393736354637333631373036453646373436353733354636453735364436323635373233443330333033303331333233303333333633323333%7D.do]

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

all of the references are to the 13 version

crystal report file -HospitalReport.rpt is set to embedded resource; should it be set to compile?

Below is my collection of files for the hospital report

HospitalReport.cs -- public class HospitalReport : ReportClass

HospitalReport.rpt

HospitalReport1.cs -- public class HospitalReport : ReportClass

HospitalReport.cs -- build action: compile and custom tool is blank

HospitalReport.rpt -- custom tool is set to: CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.CodeGen.ReportCodeGenerator and build action is set to:Embedded Resource

HospitalReport1.cs -- build action: compile and custom tool is blank

Any suggestions using vs 2010?

Former Member
0 Kudos

has anyone else had this problem?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you loading the report from your local hard drive folder or using the legacy embedded reports in your project, which is no longer supported?

rpt.Load(rptName.ToString(), OpenReportMethod.OpenReportByTempCopy);

rptName is the file location and report name.

Thanks

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

have reports in a reports folder

in my code i call a method that queries sql and puts data in dataset

i then call the report and populate it with the dataset

and render report from a folder

-

if (ds.Tables["PCty"].Rows.Count > 0)

{

sPCty = ds.Tables["PCty"].Rows[0]["Coty"].ToString();

}

ds.Tables.Remove("PCty");

HospitalReport rpt = new HospitalReport();

rpt.SetDataSource(ds);

rpt.SetParameterValue("@Carrier", sCarrierForReportHeader + " " + sBusType +

" Delivery System for " + sCenterName);

rpt.SetParameterValue("@Country", sPrCty);

rpt.SetParameterValue("@UserName", "By: " + StaticHelpers.getUName());

rpt.SetParameterValue("@ReportType", "Hospital Affiliations");

UtilityHelper.showReport(rpt);

public static void showReport(ReportClass rpt)

{

string sReport = "~/cache/" + System.Guid.NewGuid().ToString() + ".pdf";

rpt.ExportToDisk(ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath(sReport));

}

0 Kudos

This seems odd:

if (ds.Tables\"PCty\".Rows.Count > 0)

{

sPCty = ds.Tables\"PCty\".Rows[0]\"Coty\".ToString();

}

ds.Tables.Remove("PCty");

Why are you removing the table, does it need to be?

Also, not clear where you are actually loading the report:

HospitalReport rpt = new HospitalReport();

try hard coding the value:

rpt.Load(rptName.ToString(), OpenReportMethod.OpenReportByTempCopy);

Thanks

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

OpenReportMethod -- does not exist in the current context

0 Kudos

rpt.Load(@"c:\YourReportFileLocation\test report.rpt, OpenReportMethod.OpenReportByTempCopy);

Former Member
0 Kudos

yah - got that one figured out.

odd - on the package/publish web tab for app properties, if i have debug -- items to deploy: only files needed to run this application and same for release it does not work on my web server.

however, if i switch it to release - all files in this project and copy the files to the web server it works fine. So something is missing.

i tend to compile and publish just the files needed and not all the files in the project

any suggestions?

0 Kudos

We don't support "just the files" the app figures it needs. Lot's of dependencies for Cr so you need to use the MSI to deploy your app.

Don

Answers (0)