cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we use only one process order for each CO-product?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have process orders. One process order opens per day.

Now we need to use CO-products and calculate actual cost of goods manufactured for them.

Suppose we have 30 process orders. We have specified Apportionment Structure in Material Master.

Then when we create process order we define actual Apportionment Structure in setllement rule as well.

After we have setlled all process orders would Material Ledger/ Actual costing run consider this Apportionment Structures from all 30 process orders?

I heard opinion from Consultant from SAP that it will not work.

Has anyone heard anything?

Best regards,

Kamila.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamila

Whats the rationale behind opening one process order per day?? You will end up creating huge master data in the system and your month end processing times would become worst

Please reconsider your design if possible along with your PP guy

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our raw materials have 3-S price determination too. We need to calculate actual costs of Finished goods and CO-products.

We have defined apportionment structure in settlement rule of process orders.

How could Material Ledger distribute price differences from raw materials to finished good and CO-product according with apportionment structure?

Is it possible?

Best regards,

Kamila.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamila,

As I understood you want to use one co-order, except 30 for each final good.

You should have follow:

1) z-development in External apportionment structure for joint production

2) maintain material master data and add information about co-products for each material record

2) maintain co-order master data

IN (1) you can implement any variants of cost split rule.

Regards,

Evgeniy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

Thanks for response

But we use process orders, not CO-production orders.

We open process order each day because management wants to have information about KPI of each schift.

We have defined in material master apportionment structure, When we create process order we define apportionment structure in settlement rule as well.

When we settle process orders our cost distributes to finished good and CO-product according with this apportionment structure.

But when we run ckmlcp ML/actual costing doesn't distribute raw material's price differences and Semifinished good's price differences according with this apportionment structure.

What can we do here?

Best regards,

Kamila.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamila,

Multi-level price determination can be done with using coefficients in apportionment stricture. It is in standard.

But if you want to split diferences with another rule you must use a BAdI, which I described before.

You should check configuration or(and) try to debug CKMLCP.

I can`t find solution without access to system.

I may forward your request to our local SAM if you want.

Otherwise did you look at collector as cost object?

Regards,

Evgeniy