Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

IM postings using LI21

Do all IMpostings that occur via transaction LI21 create a material document with a movement type 711/712 or does it depend on settings in the IM/WM interface. I have created and confirmed a TO in WM using movement type 551 Scrapping - but movement type in IM is still 711. In the IM-WM settings 551 maps to 551. Is this controlled by something other than these settings.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Jacqueline

I understand what you are saying and the use of 999 to adjust stock is very common although it should not be

There has to be a reason why stock is being adjusted so often and this should be investigated, However you could restrict which users have access to movement type 999 which would force them to use whatever process you put in place

In my opinion there are two choices

1. Carry out a count of the bin using LX16 etc and correct the stock that way which will gice you a better audit trail and

2. Use MB1A with movement types 551-556 and make the 'Reason for movement' field mandatory

In this way you can run Transaction MBGR which will report stock write ons and write offs by reason

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question