cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM EWM as stand alone system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Is it possible to use SAP SCM EWM as stand alone system?

If yes then can some one tell me how i can do inbound processes staring with product creation in EWM.

Thanks

GRD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

EWM is having very good features than WM (but it is not a replacement of WM). EWM will be used to handle large volume of Data (I mean big warehouses). so It is better to have seperate systems (ECC and SCM) .

Ex: For inbound deliveries, PO and ASN need to be generated in ECC and other process(Putaway) need to be carried out in EWM

For Outbound deliveries, Sale Order and Delivery need to be generated in ECC and other process (Picking and Loading) need to be carried out in EWM

For both the cases, stock get updated/consumed(Inventory Mgmt) in ECC System once the process is completed in EWM.You can check the stocks in EWM at Bin level

Thanks

Jonnakuti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanksa lot for reply sir.

But now can you tell me , how i can create master data in EWM , as i am not ciffing it from ECC.

also , as all the docuemnt which i will create in EWM will not have any referance from ECC, then how it will work.

Please reply

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can't create master data in WM system, if you want create you have to CIF from ECC.

As earlier told, Once inbound delivery created to EWM from ECC for the GR or GI (here the Inbound Delivery is ECC to EWM integration document), then you can create Warehouse task and Warehouse order (Warehouse Internal Documents). Warehouse process documents you can create if the connection loss with ECC also because you already have inbound delivery as reference document.

Thanks

Madhu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, it is possible to use EWM SCM 2007 as standard alone system for the internal warehouse operations like Warehouse task and warehouse order creation, cancelation and confirmation etc., but for the master data cifing, inbound process, outbound process documents creation and processing you need to depend on the main ERP system (SAP 4.6C/SAP 4.7 / ECC 5.0 etc.,).

For more details go through blow links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/5f/c69040bca2ef4ae10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks

Madhu