cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material price not updated during CK40N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have executed CK40N Mark & Release but only certain materials (15 out of 46) material price have been updated. We need to run CK24 separately to update the material price.

Would anyone please let me know what could be the cause for material price not updated in CK40N but success in CK24?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you run the price release for a costing run, then all cost estimates will be released that have been created via this costing run. This is correct. If you have materials included in step selection of the costing run, that have a special procurement key in material master, then the costing run needs to include the material in the source plant as well.

This is true for multi-level stock transfer as well (i.e. you can have for example one material in step selection only and after step structure explosion, you have several materials; one for each plant).

For every material included in the costing run after step structure explosion, a cost estimate will be created. And every cost estimate created in the costing run, will be included in step marking/release.

This can't and won't be changed. And there is no difference to CK11N, if you run CK24 without restricting to the receiving plant

If materials from source plants are not marked / released via a costing run, then this can (basically) only occur if the cost estimate wasn't created during the costing run (or it was deleted / overwritten afterwards). This may especially occur if

- the source plant is assigned to a different company code and cross company code costing wasn't activated in customizing (TA OKYV)

- step structure explosion wasn't run

- material in source plant is marked as 'Do not cost' in material master

regards

Waman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waman,

Thanks for your feedback. I have checked the system and below are further clarifications:

- the source plant is assigned to a different company code and cross company code costing wasn't activated in customizing (TA OKYV) - This already configured correctly for cross company.

- material in source plant is marked as 'Do not cost' in material master - The material is not marked as Do Not Cost.

- step structure explosion wasn't run.

When I test run in CK11N, the material which was failed in CK40N, it displays message "Quantity structure entries are ignored in a mixed cost estimate". Does this means that in CK40N there will not be any structure explosion and therefore no Mark/Release Price? If this is the case, then please advice whether for this scenario, the only solution is to run CK24 for effected materials in CK40N or there are other possible ways?

Regards,

Sargunaraj

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have replied :When I test run in CK11N, the material which was failed in CK40N, it displays message "Quantity structure entries are ignored in a mixed cost estimate".

What is the error message (like CK401 etc)

regards

Waman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waman,

It was a information message which indicates the material I am using in CK11N, are part of mixed costing, so quantity struture will be ignored.

Will this be a reason for this material not costed using CK40N, because as you mentioned earlier, if structure explosion did not happen, then there will not be costing.

former_member588855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In ck40n the system must be given some error msgs stating the reasons for not updating the left out materials.

Kindly check.

Regards,

Divraj