cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Form - External Facing Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Im tryng to make a page, related to a top navigation node ( ( Role-Login ) Page will be default entry point of the role ) with a custom login form for users. Ive seen some guides and ive made the form, and its almost working the problem is:

when i click the submit form button i have to click a navigation node for changes to take effect this might be related to my form action (" ") i probably have to force refresh, im using a custom html with j_user and j_password fields only

I want the submit button to redirect the user to server/irj/portal after the login so he sees the corresponding items

Any suggestion ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone have any suggestion regarding this one?

I basicly wanna know what values should my form onaction and onsubmit have to do the job.

I want the form to redirect the user to /irj/portal and he should be authenticated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you will have to use com.sap.security.core.sapmimp.logon.LogonBean

Create a bean as following

<jsp:useBean id="logonBean" class="com.sap.security.core.sapmimp.logon.LogonBean" scope="session"/>

and then put onaction as

method="post" action="<%=inPortal?"":logonBean.getLogonURL(proxy, null)%>"

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the post

Ive tried that before as it is similar on the logon component but it does not work it might be related to the proxy.

where does the proxy come from? i saw the txt file with the proxy declaration but i dont think it has the correct value else it should be working

piyush_kumar6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phatinox ,

As you are using j_user and j_password then use below code:

action=

"/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.navigation.portallauncher.default";

// Or you can use -

action="/irj/portal/login";

// Or you can use -

action="";

//As irj/portal is default so if we are not writing anything in

//action then also it will go to the irj/portal

// It will be better if we use action="";

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer the portallauncher was something that i havent tried before.

It works but i have a problem:

this form is in a iframe and so action will refresh the content of the iframe window and not the parent one

ive made action: Javascript:redirect()

with parent.window.location.href = portallauncherurl;

but it does not work, it takes me to the default login screen

how can i solve this?

also how can i control authentication failure and error messages at client-side? AJAX?

Edited by: Phatinox on Jun 16, 2011 5:55 PM

piyush_kumar6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In Form tag you try

<Form .....   target="_parent">

Please let me know .If its not working then please explain in details what you have done till now

because from above comments i did not get much idea.. i just got that you want to login to the portal

using j_user and j_password.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks it works just like i wanted it to.

Answers (0)