cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding columns to table

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a added a table with 6 columns in a adobe form (transaction SFP - layout ) and have done all the data binding, formatting. Now i need to add a new column to this table. But i am not able to add a new column, the table properites ( rows, columns ) in object palette is also disabled. Table has a header row and body row with 6 cells for each field.

How can i add a new column now without disturbing the existing columns ?

Thanks

Subhashini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Create sufficient free space at the end of table. It generally takes the size of column which you selected to add new column (probably last column). The free space should be more than or equal to the column you selected to add new column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to check if there is space available on the page. Try changing the width of the existing columns so that you have enough space left on the right hand side of the table. Then try again to add column, this definitely works.

Regards,

Patrick

PS: If that doesn't work then expand the DATA DETAIL View in the table and click on a column. From there: right click on a column --> insert --> Column right/left

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm, Cannot get it to work....

I get the message "Insufficient space..." no matter what I do.

I tried to change the size of the cells to make space. Same message.

Where do I see the DATA DETAIL View in the table as you mention? Not sure what you mean.

Could my problem be caused by the construction of the table as some lines are not split in cells?

The marked area is where I need to add a column.

Hope you can help.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jeanette

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Jeanette,

The table that  you have highlighted has 5 columns. Let's say that the table is 50mm wide and each column is 10mm. If you want to add a column between KUNDENDR and BELEGNUM for example, first temporarily change the width of KUNDENDR to 5mm (now the overall width of your table is 45mm). Select the KUNDENDR column and then left click to get the fly out menu. Select: Insert->Columns to the Right. A new column that is the same width as the column you're copying is now added to the right. You will now have 6 columns. The first 2 will be 5mm and the last 4 will be 10mm. You can now adjust the widths of your columns as needed. This same information was provided in the link above.

Thanks!

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julie,

I already did so but still get the message "insufficient space". That is why I am a bit confused 😞

Br

Jeanette

Former Member
0 Kudos

I may have found an explanation, but no solution.

I made a new table. When I reduce size of a column, the grey border moves along. I can then add new columns. (Pic 1)

On the old table the border remains the same size. (Pic 2)

I believe that is why I cannot add new columns to that table.

But what why does the old table react diffrently - can anyone explain?

I have looked for different settings but not really found anything.....

Alternatively I have to create a nrew table from scratch - I would rather not do so

Pic 1

Pic 2

Still hopefull 😉

Jeanette

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Menu there is Table->Insert Option. You can add new columns using this.

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos

I have tried the insert - columns, but it doesnot work. Insert rows works but not the columns.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to select the cell and then try the Insert->Table option. It will work.

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello subha,

Can you please explain how you have added the column , because same requirement i have

and when i am trying to add the column it is not working where as when i am adding row , it is working fine

amitkumar_singh2
Participant

Refer to following link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/959942?tstart=0

I had similar issue , I was able to solve it via the above suggestion, Hope its helpful for few. Peace !!!