Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA07 - No need of inspection lot to be generated

former_member312550
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have searched forum a lot regarding QA07 and everywhere i found that inspection lot is getting created while running QA07,

But our requirement is

1. Inspection lot is not to be generated while running QA07.

2. All the materials which have expired Shelf Life need to go blocked stock without generating Inspection Lot

Is it possible?

Please suggest while running QA07,

Additional Goods movement at the time of recurring Inspection

Initial run in days - Blank

Lot creation only - radio Button

Batch status when expiry date is reached

Initial run in days - Blank

Block Batch - Activate

is this correct?

Note:

I have maintained inspection Type 09 in QM View(because without maintaining 09 in QM view QA07 is not running).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Rosh,

you need to do correction from Material itself.

Remove if there is any entry in the QM view for the field "Inspection interval", by doing this system will not calculate Next inspection date for any batch for this material.

So, system will not find any value in the field at "Next inspection date" for batch and will skip inspection lot (the first section of QA07 screen) creation for this batch while running QA07.

But but but

If the same batch is expired, then the settings of second section of QA07 - Batch Status change when expiration data is reached will bock the stock of batch.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member312550
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thank you for your response. That means both my conditions will be working, right? ie inspection lot would not be created at the same time, my expired material will be blocked also.

I have not given any inspection interval in QM View. As asked in the beginning, kindly let me know the values i need to provide in initial run in days in both sections ie. "Additional Goods movement at time of recurring inspection" and "Batch Status change when expiration data is reached"

Also in first section Additional Goods movement at time of recurring inspection, Lot creation only will already be selected. Should i change something here?

Waiting for your answer

Regards,

Rosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosh,

Actually if the field "Next inspection date" is empty for the batch then it will not make any difference with any value you put in "Initial run in days" for the first section (Additional Goods movement at time of recurring inspection) QA07. You can select any radio button there. I will advice to keep "Block the batch at inspection date"

This should no create inspection lot for you , since there is no value in "Next inspection date" for

Not we come to the main requirement of blocking the batch at Expiration date.

In the second section "Batch Status change when expiration date is reached"

Here you should put hte initial run in days to cover the days from today up to the expiration date of the batch.

E.g. Today is 13-June-2011 and expiration date for the batch is 20-June-2011 then to cover this batch you should enter initial run in days as 8

Make sure that the check box "Block Batch" is active

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member312550
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks a lot for the answer. Now my problem is resolved.

Regards,

rosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from MM forum to QM forum for better response.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi