cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodical transfer of planned orders to ME via batch?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I'm searching for an efficient option to automate the transfer of planned orders (of series production) from ERP to ME. To my knowledge this is possible with the usage of transaction POIT in release 5.2. I think that a report in ERP is needed that will be triggered after save of a planned order (probably via BAdI).

Do you know if there are other options for the automated integration? I'm not sure if I missed this relevant information in the online documentation and I was alo not ableto find a related thread in the forum.

I have also read in SAP note 1555198 that new/improved functionality for the integration of planned and production orders is available with ERP EhP5. Unfortunately the customer is only on EhP5.

Best regards,

Gerrit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable comments. This was a good brainstorming and helped to find a solution for our customer.

0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit,

Both ME 5.2 and ME 6.0 provide capability to transfer planned orders by means of LOIPLO IDocs.

Requirements to ERP for each version of ME are described in SAP Notes 1334061 and 1594439 (not released yet).

In case you have not had a chance to familiarize yourself with this functionaliy, I believe you should ask for a corresponding training. Or please check the [topic|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me52/helpdata/EN/4a/3ff0bf8e37420a9a96588eeb803de7/content.htm] of ME online help.

In case you have already had experience and found this fucntionality being not good enough for your business needs, then you should suggest needed improvements to your SAP Consultant.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Thanks for your reply. I need to excuse, I didn't read the online help carefully enough. My assumption was that the transaction POIT cannot be scheduled in a batch job. Probably this came into my mind after studying the new functionalities for release 6.0 with the option of an automatic transfer...

Best regards,

Gerrit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use change pointers in ECC to triger idoc when ever production order/planned order change in ABAB program we can do this.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use change pointers in ECC to triger idoc when ever production order/planned order change in ECC( ABAB program we can do this).

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the tip to use change pointers. The concept how to implement the requirement becomes more clear to me.

As I'm not an expert in ABAP I'd like to raise a follow up question:

Would it the right way to set the change pointer in the user exits during save of the planned/production order?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Gerrit

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have to say that my preference is change pointers. However, if you go to the MII wiki, there is an IDoc trigger transaction for forcing POIT to generate IDocs. Also one for POIM. Both of which can be triggered manually or scheduled in MII/ME.

But if you want to look the transactions over, go to:http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/90537bfe-fd6b-2910-fda3-b04f1177c51e [original link is broken] for the entire project download. Grab the 12.x Templates and look in the folder for IDoc.

Regards,

Mike