Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get BDC session name of LSO when it runs during payroll-run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello...

I have requirements from customer to automate releasing BDC sessions that gets created (but not released) when a person is booked for a course in LSO but his record is not updated in HR Master data record because of Payroll-run lock.

How to know the name of the related bdc session created because of the above situation ? I asked the functional consultant but he do not know, and I tried to dig inside the LSO ABAP program (SAPLLSO_RHPV) but no luck.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be an enhancement available for you to control the name of the BDC.

You can then use RSBDCSUB to schedule the release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have seen the same issue after a recent LSO go live.

LSO failures in parcticular attendances from our side, once they fail due to PERNR lock get sent into a BDC for later processing

It seesms that the BDC name has been hardcoded in FORM P2002_BATCH

See include LRHPRF1B

• Mappen-Identifikation (Anmelde-Dynpro) ausgeben.

GROUPNAME = SY-UNAME.

GROUPNAME+6(6) = SY-UZEIT.

I checked back to a 46C system and it was the same - so the issue has been around for some time.

RSBDCSUB however really expects that you have a name that matches a pattern or a fixed name.

Perhaps the developers had some other mechasim in mind to start these BDC's perhaps manully ? Just seems odd no-one has had an issue with it and reported it to be altered?