cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check In From CAD VIEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In SAP PLM integrated to ProE, I have opened an assembly in proe and through CAD VIEW from SAP PLM, I have created DIR for the assembly and its dependent components. If I try to check in the assembly (Originals-Check in Originals) in CAD VIEW, it will take the dependent files also and asks the Storasge location. After specifying the storage location, it starts check in process but comes out with the error saying "Error while checking in and storing: C:\ProSAP_Directintegration\ProSAP_Directintegrati"

If I try to open the DIR and then from the originals If I attach the file and try to checkin and save, it works. But this is not something which am looking as I need CAD VIEW to be used to check in the Assembly/drawing along with it's associateed components.

Can anyone help me understand how to solve this and help me check in any files from the CAD View.

Regards,

SM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudarshan,

1. Please ensure that the CAD work directory is well defined.

Also were you able to check in check out a single part file? I am asking this in order to find out if this is a problem only with assemblies or even with single part files. Please test this and confirm.

regards,

N K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NK,

Thanks for your reply. Can you elorate "ensure working directory is well defined" ?

I have opened the part in working directory say Test-X. In CAD View, it's showing working directory as "C:\ProSAP_Directintegration\ProSAP_Directintegration_Work\Test-X". Apart from this, Do I need to do any config settings in ProSAP.cgf or CADRFC.ini etc ?

I tried checking in one part from CAD VIEW, even this is not possible. But I can check out from CAD VIEW. I can check in from the DIR i.e on tab originals-checkin and then saving DIR.

Please help me understand this.

Regards.

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SM,

Can you elorate "ensure working directory is well defined" ?

In the integration configuration files you will have to define the PATH AND DIRECTORY * PATH AND DIRECTORY * PATH AND DIRECTORY * PATH in the ProSAP.cfg file. Please look at te example given and ensure you define your directories well.

I tried checking in one part from CAD VIEW, even this is not possible.

So this tells me there is some thing wrong in the way you have defined your work directories.

or

But I can check out from CAD VIEW. I can check in from the DIR i.e on tab originals-checkin and then saving DIR.

The last thing I can think of is the file name. Ensure that your file name is consistent through out. This happens quite often with ProE as it uses its own version numbering at times.

I'm hoping one of the above will solve your problem. keep us posted how it goes!

regards

N K