cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer posting for sale order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Material A Received from customer A 100 mtrs, in Storage location 0001

Customer is telling me to use only 20 mtrs. so i will raise sale order (for the rest of the 80 mtrs he will tell when to issue to prod)

By this time i have to do transfer posting only for 20 mtrs and also i have to create a batch and keep it in 0002 storage location

what is the correct movement type i have to use??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the real scenario?How you are receiving material from customer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murugan,

I am receiving material by raising PO, then i am doing GR

For eg suppose customer is giving 10000 mtrs, i will raise PO for 10000 mtrs and take the printout of it and i give to him as Receipt that PO number is for eg 1000

i will do GR for 10000 qty against that PO number 1000 and keep it in 0001 str location

in stock i will have 10000 mtrs of customer material

Later after 1 month he will tell me what design has to be printed on the Material

that too he wont give for total 10000 mtrs he will be giving only for 2000 mtrs

for this 2000 mtrs i have to create a batch and i keep it in 0002 str loc

while receiving material the code will be CM01

After receiving the design from the customer we have to do transfer posting for 2000 mtrs and the code will be BC01 batch - 1000b01(shows 1000 is the Tracking number(PO number) B01 Batch 01)

so that we come to know how much material have been received from the customer and for how much metres we have received design

How much is still lying in storage location, tracking will be easy

My question is CM01(customer material at initial stage dont have batch number)

After receiving design for partial quantity to do TP matereial to material for 2000 mtrs fromt received 10000 mtrs.

Material to material TP at that time system should create Batch? sale order also will be created as soon as we receive the Design for 2000 mtrs

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Activate batch mgmt for mvmt type 309 in OMJJ.So whenever u transfer the material it will create batch.

You can convert from one material to another material with 309 & also create batch with MB1B

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot murugan,

But the thing is can i copy the movement type and create a new movement type and activate the Batch management of this movement type

Pls tell me steps for doing this

i tried in OMJJ

I copied 309 and tried creating 909

In the field selection i selected Movement type. in the next screen From to movement type 309 to 909 after that i got struked

Pls guide me

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GOTO OMJJ

click on check box mvmt type only

press enter

Keep from & to BLANK

press enter

click on position

enter 309

then press enter

the system will zero on 309

then clcik on copy all next to lens icon

enter new movement type

after a screen will appear click on copy all

the system will give message Number of dependent entries copied:

then press enter & then save

new mvmt type will be created

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating the new movement type i have selected

2 Classification only in foregr.for mand.charac. (all batches)

Now my Batches problem is solved

New thing is when i do Transfer posting with 909 movement type first time i have created batch number 1101b01

for 200 qty

Second time for 400 quantity if i give same number also 1101b01 system is not showing any error msg

How to solve this???

Pls guide me....

Answers (0)