cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMS Unlocking Appraisal documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We like to unlock all the locked appraisal documents for every half an hour.

For the above functionality our ABAPer has written a Z program to unlock all the appraisal documents and wanted it to be scheduled for every half an hour.

Functionality of the above program.

1) Go to Tcode PHAP_ADMIN and execute.

2) Go to the tab Goto-> Locked appraisal documents, Then it will show all the locked appraisal documents.

3) Select all the locked appraisal documents and then press unlock, then all the appraisal documents will be unlocked.

The same above functionality is incorporated the program, so if it is scheduled for every half an hour,then the appraisal documents will be open to the employees for every half an hour.

As the process is not any way related to SM12 TCode (which consists of all the locked objects),the other objects other than Appraisal documents will not be unlocked.

Goto-> Locked appraisal documents is only specific for the appraisal documents.

But as per our knowledge SAP Standard is unlocking all the appraisal documents for every one hour.

If we schedule this Z Program for every half an hour, then both the standard and the Z Program will clash for every hour which is not required.

Can any one tell me where to change that one hour limit to half an hour in the standard it self.

or will there be any problem if both the programs clashes for every hour

Please let me know how SAP Unlocks the Appraisal Documents for every hour, (Using a background job or Is it a configuration)If it is a background job please let me know the standard job, so that we can change the time of the standard job.

Thanks in Advance

Avinash

Edited by: Avinash on Jun 14, 2011 10:05 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AFS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the lock in the appraisal document:

In general when somebody opens the document the document gets locked

until the document is closed/left. If the user disconnects from the

server, the backend session will be properly deactivated if the user

logs off from the portal or closes the browser. However, if the user

disconnects in such a way that the backend server is not aware of the

disconnection (e.g. corrupted internet connection, switch off PC etc)

the user session will stay active in the server and the document is

still locked until the auto logout (governed by

rdisp/plugin_auto_logout).

Regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the same reason we are trying to unlock all the locked appraisal documents with in an interval of half an hour,

So that the appraisal documents will be open for the employees and their supervisors with in a lag of half an hour irrespective of the connection lost with the server and the way they logged off.

In this regard we developed a custom program to unlock all the appraisal documents and this will be scheduled for every half an hour.

I want whether any standard settings or configuration will be there to unlock the appraisal documents automatically, Currently my client is saying that the appraisal documents will be unlocked automatically for every one hour, he wants that to be reduced to half an hour.Can you please suggest the standard settings available in SAP to control the time to unlock the Appraisal documents.

Can you please elaborate about rdisp/plugin_auto_logout also.

Edited by: Avinash on Jun 14, 2011 11:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana

I have searched the Tcode RZ11, there for the parameter what you have specified, the value is 1800 seconds.

But when I observed in the system, I have logged in to the portal, we are displaying the appraisal document through a custom BSP application.I opened the appraisal document, then in the back end it is locked, after that I have kept the portal session idle for 1 hour. Later after 1 hour I have noticed that the appraisal document was unlocked but the portal session is still active(not Auto logged off). By this observation I think that there might be no connection between auto logoff parameter and Unlocking appraisal documents.

I have gone through other parameters in the table TPFYPROPTY, but I couldn't able to find out the actual parameter.

I think the parameter might be of the type Enqueue, because it is regarding locking.

Can you please help me out in this issue or provide me any document related to the parameters and their working.

Regards

Avinash.