cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Standard Configuration of a Web UI Component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have come across a situation where I need to change the standard configuration of a page which has 1 assignment block to some other standard configuration which has 10 assignment blocks.

But in the second standard configuration I need to change the load options of some ABs so I copied the standard configuration and created a custom configuration giving the Role Config. key, Component Usage, Object type & Subobject type same as the page that is reflecting now.

The problem is even after selecting the new custom configuration and saving the load options of required ABs it is not reflecting in the web ui page. Even though it shows the message as ' Configuration saved successfully'.

The web ui page still reflects the old standard configuration which had only 1 AB.

Kindly suggest if I am doing it correctly or are there any authorizations required to do modifications in configuration.

Regards,

Becky.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

Usually, this is a customizing task, shoule be performed in Dev/Customizing client and once the reequest is released, then only it reaches to the testing client.

Did it ask for a customizing request, usually it does, when you make the changes to UI config. I remember similar kind of issue I'd before, then i tried to do the same config in BSP_WD_CMPWB and it worked. May some some notes related to UI config wud be missing , please check it in SMP.

/people/pengwah.ng/blog/2011/05/25/the-truth-about-webui-default-role-config-key

The blog may be useful to understand the customer config.

Get back to me for any further Q's

Cheers. Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

I have a similar requirement. Need to change from a standard to a custom configuration.I have copied standard and made a custom config, added/deleted AB's required/ not required. I can do the changes, but how do I make sure, my custom config appears on the Web UI.

Did you manage to solve this by Enhancing the view and redefining the method do_config_determination as suggested by Krishnan.

Please do let me know if you managed to crack this.Thanks

Kind Regards

Varun

ajaya_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

Just try 'Reset to Default' option in the personalization.

Cheers

Ajay

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope that you must have assigned same Role Config. key to the role as well from which you are logging in to the system.

Rg,

Harshit Kumar

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enhanec the view and redefine the method do_config_determination there u can set ur required view configuration to be load