cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Members shown as Dimension:xx for xx in EVDRE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have made few applications in SAP BPC 7.50.5 NW, it has few dimensions including distribution channel and division. The values of these are numeric like 10,20,30,40 etc. when I created EVDRE reports, it shows the key like P_DISTCHNL:30 and P_DIVISION:10 and not 30 and 10. I have changed the format in member sheet maintenance to text/general/number but every time it shows the same thing with dimension name as prefix. Only for one or two members it is actually showing the member as 90 and not P_DISTCHNL:90.

I have also deleted and recreated the dimensions but it also did not help.

Can you please help me on that.

As a work around,for some of my dynamic selection in EVDRE, i am making use of Right(member cell,2) to get the value. but this might pose some issues in scriptlogic in future.

Thanks & Regards

Swathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This behaviour is seen when you have same member ID's in some other dimension of the same application. Please check.

Thanks

Edited by: Geeta Sharma on Jun 14, 2011 1:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, yes there are same members in different dimensions. Is there any way to avoid this behavior?

Regards

Swathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

the behaviour is by design when there is more than one dimension member with the same ID in an application, the member must be qualified with the dimension name.

The format is DimensionName:MemberName.

If the member name is not a duplicate you do not use a dimension name qualifier.

To determine if the member name should or should not have a dimension name qualifier, insert the member using the EVDRE member selector

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

Yes,if you have the dimensions with the same member ID with in the same application then the we need to mention the dimension in the EVformula and in the script Logic.

eg: [Dimensionname]:[memberid]

where as if the dimensions with the same member ID are in the different application then we need not mention the Dimension in neirther EV formular not in scriptLogic.

Thanks

Edited by: Geeta Sharma on Jun 14, 2011 7:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

When you maintain the IDs in the members, add some prefixes to the IDs..

For example, if you are loading the data for Cost Center, you can add a prefix "CC_" to every Cost Center ID, whereas you can add for Company Code, "CCD_". So, whenever the system comes across their IDs, all the IDs will be unique, since this problem is generated when system comes across different members having same member ID entries.

for example: Cost Center ID = 100

Company Code = 100

The system wont throw any error when you process these members. But when you report on these, you face the problem that you are facing now.

Cost Center = CC_100

Company Code = CCD_100

Since all the IDs are unique, things should be fine.

You can just make a simple tweak in your Transformation Files to perform this.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Abhishek