cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we execute a crystal report with a null criteria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wondered and needed to create a report on CR with many criteria not mandatory.

It is possible ?

Thanks in advance

malika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In short yes.

If you are talking about running the report within Crystal Report itself, then check out HasValue,or it is called Optional parameter

If you are talking about running the report within SAP B1, then HasValue(Optional Value) does not work unless that is fixed in latest patch. There is SAP B1 Notes for the workaround and also many posts in this forum.

gokul_radhakrishnan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP B1 & Crystal reports. I am also facing the same issue and trying to solve this by trying/using your methods mentioned in this thread and in the other thread mentioned by Rob. But I am facing two issues here

1. Hasvalue doesnot work in my record selection formula for some reason. It doesnot understand it & gives an error.

2. I don't see the 'Optional prompt' in 'Value options' section

Does it mean, I am doing something wrong here or is it because of the lower version or something. Mine is 8.8 PL11 (SP00 what is it?) & crystal reports..11.5.8.826

My main issue is that all my parameter fields (String/numeric/date fields) becomes mandatory when I preview it in SAP B1 and it completely ruins the purpose. I tried the default value 'ALL' option also. But I am not able to add this since I am using parameter token. Since it takes all the possible values either from the token or 'ALL', not both.

It would be great if someone can help me in this. Thanks

Regards,

Gokul