cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access to WD application via JavaScript?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hallo,

I hava a WD Application running in a NW Portal SP16. Another application trys to write via java script in an input field in my WD application. unfortunately a java script error occurs: Access denied.

If I have a look in my application source I can see "Accessibility mode: false". Now I searched here for a solution and found the application paramter sap-accessibility=true. I put it in my iView but it is ignored: still "Accessibility mode: false".

Maybe I have to put the parameter somewhere else?

What else can I do that someone can write into my input field?

Best regards

Iris Deuring

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this to pass values:

passing values between iViews:

/message/205009#205009 [original link is broken]

How to navigate inside the portal from App1 to App2 and transfer parameters :

webdyn iviews and portal eventing:

/message/554249#554249 [original link is broken]

Passing values using session:

/message/122606#122606 [original link is broken]

interapplicationnavigation:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/tu...

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Iris,

If you use NW2004s, suspend & resume plugs could be a way:

See here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/68/3aee42c4257176e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Kind Regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

the scenario is that we give data per url to a second application and later at some indefinite future time we need to refresh data from this other application. The main part of that application is java script so we thought we can use it to fill input fields. We know this solution is not very stylish, but it would accomondate the other application. But as long as WD app declines access it's not really a solution :-((

We also thought about a webservice but it would be too complicated for the other application.

So there is no way or just a critical way to grant access to the WD app?

Any ideas how to get the data on a WebDynpro conform way (no webservice)?

Thanks and best regards

Iris Deuring

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iris,

The supported way of communicating between two web applications is by using portal eventing inside of the SAP portal.

Another way would be using the suspend/resume technique. It means the main application is suspended and another application is started from the main application (e.g. a catalogue application). Once the other application exits, the main application is resumed. It is possible to pass parameters in both directions.

Best regards,

Thomas

Best regards,

Thomas

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deuring,

The reason for the "access denied" error is that the other web page originates from a different domain. In short: Don't write data into an input field via JavaScript as SAP might change the way an input field is rendered without notice. As Armin said, there is no client side API. Even if you get your scenario working by relaxing the domain of the other window, your solution may stop working from service pack <insert a random number here>.

The supported way to transport values from one application to another is by using portal eventing within the portal.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain the use case?

There is no Javascript API for Web Dynpro applications.

Armin