cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict the schedule line qty generation through MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In standard, Restriction of checking released quantity from Q-info record works only when the scheduled delivery is created manually. If the scheduled delivery is created from MRP, it does not work.

How can I restrict the schedule line qty generation through MRP so that it should not exceed the released quantity in Q-info record qty . do you have any idea of enhancement which can be used for this check.

With Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To the best of what I know & have used thus far, there is no std. option to control it.

I would suggest instead looking at controlling the demand generation portion side. Just a thought for your evaluation in your business context if it can work, write a Z program which sets a material status in material master which has a block for production order, purchase order, independent demand, forecast and MRP once the total purchased qty. equals the released qty. in Q info rec.

However you will also need to factor-in how you would later release the blocking status in material master. The other option however would be to set MRP type as ND.

@ayethebing: Can you let us know how that BADI would address this need? For what I know that BADI would not address this need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the BADI MD_MODIFY_SOURCE whether it can suit with your requirements. However, I don't like the idea of enhancement per this since it will create performance issue during MRP run. Furthermore, change the quantity in MRP item may cause inconsistencies in MRP run.

Please try out in the test system first to see the result.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if anybody worked on this scenario, please Guide...

Regards,