cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neet a Custom proposal Filename while using ALEWEB_DOWNLOAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we used over years the function ALEWEB_DOWNLOAD to send PDF, EXCEL, WORD content to the Frontend User for sevaral ITS Applications. This works fine and no problems occur.

But now the customers do not like any more the given filename of ALEWEB_DOWNLOAD in process of saving the file.

The filename begins normally with ~flNUQVRFPTI5NDAyLjAwNi4wNS4xMA==

I know that this behavior results in the functionality of the SAPGUI.

( This ist the RFc CALL inside the ALEWEB_DOWNLOAD

CALL FUNCTION 'ALEWEB_DOWNLOAD_EX'

DESTINATION 'SAPGUI'

)

We do not use WEBGUI, so i think a solution over CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES are not supported. We send the data as RAW to the ALEWEB_DOWNLOAD and with given parameter ID

ITS_DOWNLOAD_FUNC = 'NEW'.

Now my question:

Are there other Options, Possibilities or else to use a CUSTOM proposal Filename i.E. MYPDF.PDF ?

System Informations:

Intergrated ITS ECC 6.0 SAP Basis 7.0 Patchlevel 17, Most user are using Internet Explorer

Thank You

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all they have read my posting,

the question my not be succesfully answered as i suppose before. There should be no way to give a custom filename.

Due to this i'll close the thread .

Thank you for taken account of my thread.

with best regards

Thorsten

filiperittercruz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had to do this implementation as well.

To change the filename and also force the file download I copied the FM ALEWEB_DOWNLOAD and change to always use the subroutine aleweb_download_old. And I changed this subroutine at line 42:

content_type = 'Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=[filename_you_want].[ext]; Content-Type:'.

The content-type must be right according the file (eg. application/xml)

Setting this header you are able to change the filename.

Hope it's still useful!

Regards,

Filipe