cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leave approval notification in microsoft outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I searched on SDN for the similar activity ,but could not get step by step procedure for this task,

I have done the SMTP setting via SCOT and selected internet in supported address types section.

I tried to run report RSWUWFML2 but no output.

any suggestions please

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please elaborate what is your requirement.

Do you want to enhance the STD wf for the mails to be triggered to Outlook.

Or do u want the approval step to be sent to outlook as a SAp link attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I want approval step to be sent to outlook as SAP link.

Leave request approval will done either from UWL or from Outlook

Thanks for reply

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can we configure leave request in Sap and than transfer to outlook or tell me the procedure to configure leave request through business workflow in sap workplace?

Former Member
0 Kudos

another option is to set up a quick link for your UWL iview / page then put the url of your portal with the quick link in the text of dialog the message that is sent to the approver via the background job for report RPTARQEMAIL

eg. "click the following link to go to the approval list http://yourserver.yourdomain.com:99999/irj/portal/uwl";

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To Microsoft outlook for Leave request for approval, you need to use DUET product, which integrates this functionality

[original link is broken]

Or you can mails to be available in UWL using SONIC connectior

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/8525afd0-0d01-0010-aaa0-ac6b9e3a2907

Ensure you are running the Job Rptarqemail for sending out mails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks for reply. I am getting the workitem in UWL and also the notification of the apporved leave I am getting in outlook after manager approves leave request from UWL.

My requirement is to get workitem in outlook so that approval can be done from outlook. I think there is no need for duet for this requirement.

also can you help me with all the jobs we have to schedule for leave request ?

please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RSWUWFML2 actually has an option for this. I had seen it while using WFs for training request. Try certain options available in RSWUWFML2 once

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To get workitems in Microsoft outlook you need to use DUET. or use mail functionality with a link to the portal

To get workitem in MS outlook you of course need duet!

For Leave request jobs, Main are

Rptarqpost

RPtarqapp

rptarqemail

ALl can be see in transaction PTARQ in backend!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Sorry fo r delayed reply. Could you please let me know how to we set the below jobs for some time frame

Rptarqpost

RPtarqapp

rptarqemail

thanks