cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR report - Customize routine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed 0PA_C01 cube and copied into the ZPA_C01 cube.

Now there is a requirement to delete the employee record whose action type = "TE" (Terminated) to get the right number of poeple count.

We have written end routine to achieve this, but the problem with end routine is it reads data pkg by pkg and each pkg contains some 50,000 reocords. Now in our case a paritcular employee will have n number of records say around 100 in few scenario.

Now in end routine pkg 1 might only contain 15 entries for particular employee and remaining in some other pkg. So this is not allowing us to delete that employee record completely.

Can i achieve the same through start routine? Or even start routine will read data pkg by pkg?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Anup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can this be handled at Query level??If yes then Let the data get load into infocube without any filters and at query level in your restrictions to Action Type exclude "TE" only then your report will give the exact headcount.

Regards,

Vishnu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

All this is tried already. It does not work.

In my cube for a particular employee there can be multiple records with Action type TE and many other.

So if i restrict TE in filter then only that specific line item gets hidden but the employee will still show up in report with other action type other than TE.

So only i had taken the approach of writing routine.

Now both start and end routine reads data pkg by pkg. So i am not able to handle this with routine. Now the only option left is expert routine.

Not very sure if same thing happens there too.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel, better design in this case would be, Action type to be an attribute of Employee, whether the employee is active in the company or terminated. Action type should come as master data for tht employee. Please check if this is possible to have Action type in the master data of Employee. Otherwise, try removal of terminated employees with a self update to the cube by itself.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As far as i understand you can make use fo semantic groups to solve your issue of routine.

Please check out the below thread it has discussed the same issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

Thanks for the input.

Thats the best option we can have. Having employee master containing the action type. For this we need to develop Z master for an employee.

But as of now we were just working on standard model and in this model employee master does not have action type captured.

It is directly being captured in cube 0PA_C01 as a transaction data(IS - 0HR_PA_1) along with other master information(IS -0HR_PA_0) of employee. These IS load data to this cube.

Now we were trying if we can restrict employee with TE status in the cube itself through routines.

I didn't get ur last point? what is self update?

Can i use expert routine to delete employee with TE status?

Thanks & Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see Expert routine also runs package by package. What i meant by self update is transformation from cube to itself. But i am afraid, this also runs in the same way. Did you check about semantic groups approach suggested above?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

I just selected employee id as the semantic group and then run the DTP now.

Once its done i will check and confirm you guys.

Thanks & Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AL1112,

Problem is solved with semantic group .

Thanks a ton to all ..

Regards,

Anup

Answers (0)