Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time out dump while checking number of entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are getting time out dump while checking number of entries for table LIKP. Increasing the time is not an option. Please let me know if there is any way to check the number of entries in background.

Thanks,

John

6 REPLIES 6

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

write a report with

SELECT COUNT( * )  FROM likp INTO sy-dbcnt.

WRITE: /1 'Entries:', sy-dbcnt.

You can add WHERE-options (also from a SELECTION-SCREEN) if needed.

Send it to background (batch) processing and look into the spool output.

Regards,

Klaus

Edited by: Klaus Babl on Jun 14, 2011 7:37 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

We are checking in production and we cannot do any coding in there.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Basis team can be of help to you by using DB* tcodes (DB02 for example) to get the count, where they have the option of executing the SQL command in background.

Also, they can check the cause of such a delay.

Regards,

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi John,

you have also the option to transport a report from development system to production system.

Nevertheless it is strange that you have a timeout dump on table LIKP, for this is only the header table for LIPS.

Did your dump occur in transaction SE16? Did you use any SELECT OPTIONS? If yes, your selection may be worst for all existing indexes. Or you may have a "killer index" which slows down your table access.

I your counting attempt was without any SELECT-OPTION restrictions, this might be a single time issue while your system was busy or your system profile parameters are far from optimum ...

Regards,

Klaus

Edited by: Klaus Babl on Jun 14, 2011 8:25 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I think only and simple way to avoid this is to split the select options. I have done that its working now.

You replies were worth trying.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos

Rather than pressing F8 for displaying values, press F9 and through this you can schedule a background job for entries.

Once you have the values, you can check number of entries.