cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxes deduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 10 employees who are setup with 99 Allowance for the state of new york on IT0210 and has additional w/h of $80 each.

But still system calculate their NY taxes according to tax tables. I was only expecting $80 from their paycheck.

Thanks in advance.

Mayuresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additional w/hold in IT0210 is to take additional w/hold amount on top of tax calculated. If you want a flat tax amount for the ees, try to put $80.00 in 'Override amount' in IT0234 for 'NY' authority.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mayuresh,

I never had someone put in 99 as their allowance. That being said, when the allowances are 99 you are probably correct that there will not be any state taxes calculated (unless the income is extremely high for the pay period or if the income is of supplemental wages and not regular wages) except the additional witholding from IT 0210. Is this what you were trying to achieve?

Run the payroll in test mode and with display log. Go to the calculate taxes and then to USTAX function. Open the processing tree and see the tax result for payment type .......In there look at the tax calculation for NY authority and tax category 01.

The other alternative (I guess the right one) has already been suggested.

Regards,

Raj.