Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver determination without XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

What is your solution for the following problem:

I have a system A which is connected to several systems B1, B2, etc.

In business case 1: System A should call a synchronous web service in one of the systems B.

In business case 2: System A should call a synchronous web service in ALL of the systems B1, B2, etc.

How would you determine which logical port is to be used? Is there a standard way or do I have do create my own customizing table with my own selection criteria (like logical system -> logical port)

Kind regards

Harry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on the condition/value in the payload , you can route into different recievers. i,e different Receiver Business Systems (in turn routes into Technical systems)

So this dynamic value can be from your source system or from any look up table.

For more

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/a513f2632c332ce10000000a11466f/content.htm

REgards,

Moorthy

harry_dietz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

Don't I need an XI to implement a payload-dependent receiver mapping?

My idea was different: because I am the sender, I can decide in ABAP whom to call - is there a standard way how this is done?

Perhaps I do not know enough about Integration Directory but I thought this is contained in XI?

Kind regards

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

Integration Directory which contains your data and mapping pbjects and also the ccBPM, is part of XI.

"Don't I need an XI to implement a payload-dependent receiver mapping?"

Yes, you will need XI to design the scenario in the way Moorthy suggested.

"My idea was different: because I am the sender, I can decide in ABAP whom to call - is there a standard way how this is done?"

I am not sure if you can do the conditional mapping and routing in the source system itself.

One of the standard ways of doing the conditional routing would be the way Moorthy suggested, the features to select and specify the conditions during mapping and routing have been clearly provided in XI.

Let us know if you need more info about conditional routing in XI.

Regards,

Sushumna

harry_dietz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ah, ok.

But how would I decide which logical port to use when I do not have an XI?

Kind regards

Harry

Answers (0)