Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta update error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Iam getting the following error,system is saying to do intilialization,

what i have to choose intiliaze with data transfer or with out data transfer? Pls help.

The delta update for the InfoCube xxx is invalidated. The can be due to one of the following:

1. A request, which was already retrieved from the target system, was deleted from the InfoCube.

2. A request, which was not yet retrieved from the target system, was compressed in the InfoCube.

Procedure

Initialize your delta update again.

Thanks,

V.singh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose if you want history data, do "Init with data transfer". This will bring all tha data since inception.

Suppose if you just want to initialize without history data, do "init without data transfer".

If you choose 1st option, make sure it is posting free time.

Hope this helps.......

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Pls tell me will(IF I CHOOSE WITH OUT DATA TRANSFER ) it fetch th new data records that was recently updated in Dso.TO CUBE.

Thanks,

V.singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do an init without data transfer, the requests loaded after that would be retrieved in the next delta load. Any requests not loaded to the cube and exist in the DSO/PSA in the dataflow below would not be updated to the cube.

I would suggest you drop the cube and do a delta load (first delta load would be treated as init by the system) if it is 7.x flow. If it is 3.x flow do an init with data transfer after dropping data.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VRV,

I agree with Murali Krishna. You could follow the same..

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

But iam getting the following error, when doing init with data transfer to cube.

Deltas already loaded for request REQU_4G8X2AY77USSD1CW23SXPNGV4 init. selection; no 2. init

Message no. RSM1071

Diagnosis

Deltas have already been loaded for the init. selection of request REQU_4G8X2AY77USSD1CW23SXPNGV4. A second initialization is therefore not possible with these selection conditions.

Procedure

If you want to carry out a new initialization, you have to choose selections that do not overlap.

If you want to repeat the init. for the same selection, you have to delete the delta queue in the source system, and restart the delta process.

Choose the menu entry 'Init. Selections in the Source System' from the Scheduler.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you have the 3.x flow. You would have to delete the already existing init from the infopak. Open infopak, Scheduler menu --> init options in source...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I deleted the init in the infopackage and i did init with data transfer.now the data is coming.

usually we load deltas to this cube with the help of a process chain , tell me after this successful init what do i need change the infopackage to delta update. and do a repeat.

ours is 3.x data flow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the init, make sure the infopak in the process chain has the update mode set to 'delta'. Nothing else is needed.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VRV,

You could create a new Infopackage for Delta and start delta loading. It will fetch the new delta......

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman/Murali,

We are not suppose to create a new infopackage for delta.

we have to use existing ip, now iam planning to do this after this successful init, i will set my option to delta update,

i have a question here, will i get any duplicates in the infocube..

Thanks,

V.singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you have dropped data from the cube before starting the init. If not done, drop old requests once the init load is completed. there would not be any duplicates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Pls tell me how to delete the data from cube, without deleting the request(with init data transfer records) some requests in the cube are already compressed.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only way is "selective deletion" by giving date range or any field selection criteria.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know from when we r loading to cube, is there any way to do this, because some records r also compressed

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VRV,

The situation when you decided to initialize the delta, you delete that bad request. Since you have already done initialization, there would not be any duplication. Don't worry and get going..........

If any problem comes, post it in forum again.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman and murali, Problem is solved, Thanks a lot for your help.

Answers (0)