cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many tasks in one project - PPM 5 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client manage hundreds of projects, most of them about 300-600 activities but some of them very big, about 5000 activities. Does PPM 5 can manage big projects? I saw note : 756670 that recommend no more than 1000 activities. Is it going to change in the future ?

My client manage the projects in SAP PS and looking for software for scheduling with integration to PS .

Regards

Muly Zohar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muly Zohar,

Also refer to the PPM 5.0 performance note number 1377081, this note actually lists a lot of other performance notes related to PPM 5.0. This should help you understand few nuances. Also if you compromise on number of elements in the structure (as >1000) then this notes will help you understand how else you could increase the speed and performance in other related areas.

Hope this helps!

regards

N K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I read all the the notes about it but I want to know from your experiance about the size off project.

Did anyone manage big project in PPM 5 ?

Regards

Muly Zohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have worked with a client that had 800 - 1800+ tasks using older version of cProjects 3.0. Obviosuly none of the end users were satisfied with the performance and hated the system. But again thats my 3.0 experience guess not much useful here!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you might have read per the note 1000 is a optimum number of tasks. Now with PPM 5.0 the performance and usability definetly improve but the stats for large projects depend on individual cases some of the things other things that need to be considered are Network bandwidth, geographical distances, document uploads and downloads, SLA's agreed etc If its only a handful of large projects try them on the DEV environment and also set the expectations right with your client that if and when these large projects are accessed, they should expect some delays.

regards,

N K