cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depriciation last year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the depreciation run we need to make some changes, the below is the scenario. Actually last year for 2 months our user run depreciation but their auditor advised them to run for total year, the fiscal year is 2010. now current fiscal year also depreciated based on last year book value, now it also need to reversed and re run according to the adjustment. My question is how to run whole year depreciation for the closed fiscal year and how to reverse depreciation calculated till now.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

You can do that using repeat option available in AFAB . Do open the previous year periods using OB52. Post the depreciation for every period one by one using repeat option. This will do the needful for you.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I done in the way which you mentioned but system says only 012 period can be possible in repeat run.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Try using AFAR and then post the planned depreciation created earlier with AFAB.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My actual problem is, asset was capitalized on 26/08/2010 and for 11 and 12 periods depreciation run taken place(Fiscal year for us is Oct-Sep), later auditor suggested that depreciation should be run for whole year 2010, and another thing is for current year they run depreciation until this month, they want to reverse current year depreciation also because if they adjusted according to auditors advice for last year book value will change and on that they want to re caliculate depreciation. My concern is

1. Asset was capitalized on 26/08/2010 but is it possible to run depreciation for whole 2010 fiscal year, if it is not possible can we able to post accumulated depreciation for the rest 10 months in last fiscal year.

2. Is it possible to reverse the current year 7 months depreciation posted .

Please advise me u2026. Thanks in advance.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Why do you want to reverse deprecation? Reversal of depreciation will write up the values of assets. You can use ABZU to write up the value of asset to the extent of deprecation posted for 7 months. This is for your information.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

As far as current year depreciation reversal is concerned you can write value of asset to the extent of accumulated depreciation for this year i mean 1st Oct 2010 to date depreciation for the asset should be added back to the asset using ABZU and then to ensure compliance with auditor requirement you want to recalculate the deprecation of stated asset for whole year, here AFAR will do the needful for you. Give in asset number in AFAR and write the fiscal year fro which you want to post deprecation as a whole. It will cater your requirement.

Regards

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you are mislead or your auditor is mislead... How can you post Dep for P11 and P12 w/o posting depreciation for the earlier periods i.e. P1-10??.. Thats just not possible..

It may happen that you post an acquisition in back date and hence the total cumulative dep gets posted in current period.... If you have executed Dep for P12/2010, rest assured.. It would have ensured total dep to be posted in 2010... Please check this

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Is there any way to adjust the required amount in the last year. I mean asset was capitalized on 26/08/2010 and we run depreciation for 2 months which is 100 $ and later auditor mentioned to adjust 500 $ as depreciation, then is it possible to adjust this amount in this last 2 periods. This is for 2010 closed fiscal year. Please advice.

Thanks.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try this in a test system 1st...

Post an unplanned depreciation from ABAA... Enter Year end date as the posting date and Period as 13 (12 if 13 does not work out)

After that execute AFAB for P 13/2010 i.e. execute in a special period....

You will need to open Asset FY 2010 as well as GL FY in OB52

After this execute AJAB and AJRW again

Note that you can post dep only in last period of 2010... I think posting it before that wont be allowed

br, Ajay M

Answers (0)