Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating Prompt Values in Publication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hello,

Is there a way to automate prompt values when creating publications? We have tried publication dynamic recepients bursting, but there is a drawback. Prompt values have to be defined upfront. Publication works by setting filters on queried data and creating the reports thereof. Is there a way where through publication or via any method I am able to program the prompt values?

Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This you can do by personalization in this case we have to set specific prompt each individuals group.

Thanks

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Santhosh

But you have to do this manually? Right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce, what are the prompts you are trying to fill? Are you trying to set a date filter (e.g. to always include the past 30 day's data) or to set some filter that is specific for each user? Or do you, for example, want to filter the report by employee, depending on the employee that the report is being published to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

It's a value according to organization. e.g.. sales, logistics. Value has to be specified as prompt value according to source report, and value is changing for the recipients specified. How can I pass a value to the prompt automatically? As I see it, we can only change the prompt manually.