cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

admin Crystal Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

anyone use the Update Status, Delete reports and Post-migration option in /CRYSTAL/RPTADMIN -> Report maintenance?

I dont see any use of them. What I normally do is under Publish Report, I select all the Report and click Publish.

all seems to be working fine.

Please advise, thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use of Update Status:

you can manually update the status of the report using the Report Maintenance tool.

To update reports :

1. Execute the transaction /crystal/rptadmin to access the Content

Administration Workbench.

2. Under Report Maintenance, double-click Update Status.

3. Use the dialog that appears to filter the list of displayed BusinessObjects Enterprise systems, roles, and reports.

4. Select the reports you want to update from the displayed list.

To select all reports and roles on a BusinessObjects Enterprise system,

select the system.

5. Click Version Check.

BW connects to the BusinessObjects Enterprise systems containing the reports you have indicated, to synchronize information. If BW cannot contact a BusinessObjects Enterprise system, it returns an error message. You must correct the problem before you can update the status of reports on that system in BW.

Use of Deleting reports:

It is used for deleting a published report from BW using the Content Administration Workbench also deletes the report from BusinessObjects Enterprise.

To delete reports:

1. Execute the transaction /crystal/rptadmin to access the Content Administration Workbench.

2. Under Report Maintenance, double-click Delete reports.

3. Use the dialog that appears to filter the list of displayed BusinessObjects Enterprise systems, roles, and reports.

4. Select the reports you want to delete from the displayed list.

To select all reports and roles on a BusinessObjects Enterprise system, select the system.

Note: You cannot delete reports using the Content Administration Workbench if their status dot is red. These reports are SAP content.

5. Click Delete reports.

BW connects to the BusinessObjects Enterprise systems containing the reports you have indicated, to delete the reports. If BW cannot contact a

BusinessObjects Enterprise system, it returns an error message. You must correct the problem before you can delete these reports.

Use of Post migration:

It is used to update all published reports after you migrate from Crystal Enterprise 10 to BusinessObjects Enterprise

Using Post Migeration option:

1. Execute the transaction /crystal/rptadmin to access the Content Administration Workbench.

2. Under Report Maintenance, double-click Post-migration All BusinessObjects Enterprise systems containing reports that need to be migrated are displayed.

3. Select the systems you want to migrate, and then click Execute post migration.

You must update all reports and roles on a system.

Note: You must have rights to copy source content if you are migrating reports.

BW connects to the BusinessObjects Enterprise systems containing the reports you have indicated, to update the reports. If BW cannot contact a

BusinessObjects Enterprise system, it returns an error message. You must correct the problem before you can update these reports and complete the

system migration to version.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

at the moment I just scehdule the job to publish all the report into BOE, which work fine.

What happen if I have or want to delete a particular Crystal Report that has been published into BOE?

Please advise, thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Regarding the Update Report, this is what the help file says but I am not 100% understand:

If you make a change to a published report on a BusinessObjects Enterprise system (such as changing which role a report is published to), the change is not reflected in BW until you synchronize BusinessObjects Enterprise and BW.

Do you have experience on this?

Can you please explain and give me some simple example?

Let say I have report published into BOE ->XXX folder, then if I know go to change/modify the report in Crystal Report Designer, then I will just publish it again into BOE. When we use the Update Report function???

Thanks.