SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change connection object ISU_S_CONNOBJ_CHANGE how does it work? ES 56 Trans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to change connection object details and using the ISU_S_CONNOBJ_CHANGE function module

it is not updating the values .Kindly suggest!!!!1

Thanks,

Pradeep.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please call function module ISU_S_CONNOBJ_PROVIDE to populate Y_OBJ and Y_AUTO.

You would first need to populate the fields which need to be updated in X_AUTO fields and have the OK CODE as 'SAVE'. Then update Y_OBJ parameters as per requirement and pass the values to function module ISU_S_CONNOBJ_CHANGE.

Alternatively, I suggest to use Master Data Template. Please visit Master Data Template in ISU for more details.

You can use Master Data Category CONNOBJ for creating Master Data Template. (Transaction code to access it is EPRODCUST). After creation, test your Master Data Template. Then you need to call ISU_PRODUCT_IMPLEMENT with your template.

Please let me know if this was useful.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Your answer was helpful and we tried the same method.The value is being taken until screen field but when i save it it says changed but when i go and see in dispaly mode i dont see the changed value.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Pradeep.

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Have you passed "SAVE" in X_AUTO in OK code? I think it should work.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Yes I passed okcode. Did u work on this function module before.incase koncham code pampistava.urgent deliverable undhi.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried pass 'X' to X_UPD_ONLINE parameter?

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

The value you want to change, is it a standard SAP, for example an address field, or a customer field?

Do you use any enhancements with the Connection Object (transaction SMOD/CMOD enhancement ES550001)?

It would be helpful if you could provide some sample values you're providing the function ISU_S_CONNOBJ_CHANGE with.

Cheers

Jürgen

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash/sattlerj,

The code given by SAP works for Foreground method an we need to write our own code for background .

If we check the code condition "SAP did not code " with in that condition .We did write our own code and

problem has been resolved.

Thanks for both of you for offering the answers which gave me some hints to get closer to solution.

Thanks,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by coding seperately by myself since SAP has not written any code for that.

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Can you please let me know, how you have achieved the solution to update connection object in background.

Regards

Suresh M

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

did you update the data in table ADRC directly?