cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.5 MS - APPSERVER.dbo.tblLogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

This post is regarding ways to access the tblLog table in the AppServer database, in order to find out error information when something has gone badly in the BPC front-end (Excel / Admin interfaces in our case). I know I could probably write up an SSIS package to facilitate this. But our ITS will not allow this access to us in order to use SQL in MS SQL Server Management Studio on the backend to find the error information.

So my questions is, does anyone know if there is another way to access this information from within the BPC "front-end" (Besides submission of an enhancement request)?

Many Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can read the table content from the BPC Management Console

http://[yourserver]/managementconsole

Halomoan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Halomoan,

Thanks for the tip. Another question follow-on question. Do you know if the reading of these messages can be granted without me having to need sysadmin authorities on the BPC servers?

Our ITS would not grant me access to full Management Console because I would need to be at sysadmin level on the servers. So if this reading of the tblLogs can be done w/o this it would be great.

I will see about testing this on our systems.

Best Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't have to be a sysadmin to get access to the Management Console, grant yourself with the WebAdmin task.

Halomoan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I dont think it is feasible to get these informations on the frontend. There are few details which are maintained in the back end tables and needs to be accessed at the back end only.

Hope this helps.