Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise values not flowing to accounting document

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Gurus,

Even after doing all necessary configurations which make the excise values flow to the accounting entries. I am not able to bring the same. While taking accounting document, except excise values all other values coming. Any suggestions

regards

Sidhu

Edited by: Gino12 on Jun 14, 2011 9:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Mr. Lakshmipathi told please check the accounting documents at VF03/02. You can able to see the excise accounting at J1IIN (disply) also once you create the Excise invoice with ref to billing/delivery.In disply mode you can see by clicking the Accounting buton (Shift+F6).

Check the configuration for DLFC Transaction type to your company code and chart of accounts. Path Spro> IMG>Logistics General> Tax on goods Movement > India > Account Determination > Specify G/L accounts per excise transaction.

And check Specify Excise Accounts per Excise Transaction also is you mentioned Dr and Credit indicator for DLFC transaction with account name.

Regards

bvdv

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VF02, key in that billing document and check for document flow. You should be able to see two Accounting documents. One for customer debit and the other one for Excise Debit. I presume what you were seeing was customer debit document.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes laxmipathiji,

you are right.. Already there is an accounting document generated specially for excise document.But I am talking abt the customer debit entry. In the same, I cud see only VAT and cess as credit. all other excise values like basic excise duty and all are not displaying in the accounting document

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check revenue account determination in VF02/03 from Menu Environment > Aaccount determination analysis > Revenue accounts. Here check the excise condition types. Check the excise condition types are having accont key in your pricing procedure and do the configuration in Revenue account determination (t code: VKOA).

Regards

bvdv

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

In revenue account determination analysis, i am able to see only a final value as all other values like excise duty, shed have become statistical (yellow indicator) is showing in the conditions. We have configured a pricing procedure according to clients requirement. The pricing structure is ok, but cant understand why these excise values have become statistical.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gino,

The accoutnig nentries would be liek this

At the time of billing,

Customer A/C Dr

Sales Revenue A/C Cr

VAT Payable A/C or CST Payable A/C Cr

Cenvat Suspense/Clearing A/C Cr

Freight A/C Cr

Cenvat Suspense A/C here would be the combination of BED + ECS + SHCESS conditions and the same Account key or Transaction Key would be used ( Normally EXD) depending on whether Tax accoutn determination is happening through VKOA or OB40

At the time of Excsie Invoice Creation

Cenvat Clearing/Suspense A/C Dr

BED Payable Cr

ECS Payable Cr

SHCESS Payable Cr

As mentioned above for Excsie G/L Account determiantion you need to do the configurations in the SPRO

Logistics General > Tax on Goods Movements > India > Account Determination

Again if you mean to say that the BED, ECS and SHCESS valeus are not flowing into Excise Invocie at the tiem of creation, then that could be due to the fact the you have done the below mentione configurations

1)Logistics General > Tax on Goods Movements > India > Basic Settings > Determination of Excise Duty > Maintian Excise Defaults

or

2) Logistics General > Tax on Goods Movements > India > Basic Settings > Determination of Excise Duty > Condition Based Excise Determination > Classify Condition Types (Configuring this option depends upon the number of Excise Conditions types you are gonna use in the different pricing procedure. If if you just use 2 condition types in all prcing procedure for BED, ECS an SHCESS, then you can maintian the settings in Maintian Excise Defaults for Tax Procedure TAXINN)

Regards,

Nithin

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Nithin,

In excise invoice, accounting entries are flowing correctly, but in accounting entries for billing document ie

customer a/c dr

cenvat susspese a/c

that entry for excise is missing here. I have done all other configurations.

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There might be a one more reasong the excise condition types might be you defined under condition class "D". If you define under this system will not pick the accountins from VKOA, it will pick from OB40. Please check the same (v/06) and maintain as disount class. Check the condition categeory also. Don't maintain anything there keep it as blank.

Regards

bvdv

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

ya its maintained in the same way only.. I havent maintained anything else

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you were seeing is standard. As I said already, out of two Accounting Documents, in one document, posting would be for customer debit and in another document, posting would be for excise entries.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Ya laxmipathiji its standard.. but I am saying is excise entry cenvat suspense acount credit entry is missing from that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can u look into the accounting document and tell us the entries which is happening?

You might have assigned some other account in OB40 or VKOA for EXD instead of Cenvat Suspense accounts

Please verify....first of all, if these configs are not maintained, then the accounting document will not get generated.

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai these are the accounting entries

1100 1 01 1010658 Customer a/c 6,866.64 INR AD

1100 2 50 3000003 Flour Products 6,600.00- INR AD

1100 3 50 1600010 VAT - 5% Output 264.00- INR AD

1100 4 50 1600009 Cess on VAT 2.64- INR A2

Here I am missing cenvat suspense account entry in the credit side. But at the same time for the excise invoice entries are coming like this

1100 1 40 1600190 Cenvat Suspense 168.00 INR A0

1100 2 50 1600220 SH.Ed Cs -LocalSales 2.00- INR A0

1100 3 50 1600200 ED on Local Sales 163.00- INR A0

1100 4 50 1600210 Ed.Ces on Local Sale 3.00- INR A0

In VKOA I have maintained antries like this

EXD - basic excise duty, ZED - education cess, ZSH - secondary education cess

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am afraid there is some issue with your Tax Account determination at the Billing level...

Excise invocie accouting entries are fine.

If you look here, your cenvat suspense accouting is gettign debited and it is not gettign knocked off which means that The corrsponding credt entry at the billing level has not happened

BTW, why u need different account keys for BED, ECS and SHCESS at billing level. Use EXD and assign it to the BED, ECESS and SHCESS condition types and assing the G/L Account 1600190 - Cenvat Suspense A/C which is debited at the Excise level.

Please check out the condition clas of the Condition tyes used. if the the same is tax then you need to maintian the G/L Accounts in OB40. If not in VKOA. Again if you are entries the condition values manually the determination happens from VKOA.

I really think that there is some problem with your pricing procedure. I think you have made the excise condition types as Statistical in Pricign procedure, because if you have any issues with excise accoutn determination be it in VKOA or OB40, the ssytem will not generate accounting document at billing level.

Btw..What is this CESS on VAT? You sure there is CESS on VAT? I have not come across any such instances...

You can reach me if you want any mroe clarifications on the same

Regards,

Nithin