cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQVI with Vendor Batch #

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need a report with table used in MB51 and Vendor Batch # field and if possible also with Vendor Description.

I have created a query with MCHA + MSEG + MKPF ( exact sequence)

but when i ran the query i do not see any values in the Vendor Batch Number (Field LICHA), i even tried to do the Left outer joint between MCHA and MSEG.

Please note, that the batch management is activated in the system, and also when drilled through the P.O the Vendor Batch # field has value in it, but it is not showing in the query.

what am i doing wrong ? how to pull this query ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you pls advice Why u use MCHA in ahead of the report?

and what information you need to get from MCHA table?

MSEG already contains the batch number infor. and other necessary information.

I don't think vendor batch is store in MCHA.

Or u use it as selection fields?

IF yes, please remove the fields of MCHA table from the selection fields.

by the way, the join between 3 tables should be inner join.

and the link between mkpf and mseg is material doc number & Material Document Year (main index, and can accelerater the report speed).

you need link MCHA to MSEG by material number batch number and plant....( inner join)

please don't Link MSEG to MCHA.

Edited by: JiQing Zhao on Jun 14, 2011 9:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am little confused by your reply, i am not able to find Vendor Batch Number in the MSEG table, the field is only available in MCHA table.

Please do correct me on that if i am wrong.

Basically all i am looking for is below.

Listing of - Vendor Batch #, Material Doc #, Movement Typle, Material # Plant, Slocation, Doc Date, posting Date, Entry Date, Vendor.

Selection - Movement type, Posting date, Entry date, plant.

could you let me know how to pull the above ?

also in MCHA the field of Vendor Batch # exist, but when i even run that in se16n i do not see the value but i do see it in the purchase order.

Regards

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will NOT find Vendor Batch field in MSEG, it is a part of the Batch master , hence will be only in batch Tabes - MCHA / MCH1 (depending on batch level). If you cannot see the Vendor batch -LICHA populated in tables, then check if they are populated in MSC3N ( thats the batch master , whose data is stored in MCHA/MCH1 tables).

You will need to join MCHA and MSEG with the CHARG (Batch number ),MATNR, WERKS field for Item data like Mov typ, material etc. and MSEG to MKPF by Document number MBLNR fiield (to get header data like dates etc.).

You will also get most information related to the batch in BMBC (batch cocpit) .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear:

There must be a logic error in your report structure.

pls. Double check you selection fields. Especially u need include the fields from table mcha, because the information of mseg is wider&more than mcha.

I have clearly indicate how to link these three tables in previous post.

Pls read it carefully.

And u should carefully treat the outter join and inner join, that may lead to a mess if wrong.

Edited by: JiQing Zhao on Jun 14, 2011 11:03 PM

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Table MSEG has no field for vendor batch.

You can only record a vendor batch if you have yourself batch managment active, and then the vendor batch is stored in the batch master in field LICHA

As it is depending on the batch level where SAP stores this info you either find it in MCHA or in MCH1

Former Member

Thanks Ravi,

I was able to pull the Vendor Batch # from MCH1, and the query was successfully created.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I had the same exact issue as this user, and found that the actual vendor batch data is stored in MCH1 and not MCHA. Thank you.