cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario here. We have hundreds of same type of material with different characteristics. We do not want to maintain those many material master records in the system. I know we can define characteristics and assign them to a class can reduce the count of material master records that way. My question is, can we utilize classification functionality without batch management? Also, when user creates a PO with different characteristics, how would vendor come to know about what characteristics of that material is ordered. Can we have those characteristics on PO print or in an annexure? If yes, then which table should be make use of to fetch the data? Kindly suggest.

Thanks

ST

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are talking about the charectestics of the materials in the chemicals etc sence i do not think so that these can be viewed through PO. Normally these kind of materials with QM and while inspection the charectestic values entered for uage decission.and yes can be batch managed and at the same time the class created need to assign to material master.

If you are talking about variant configuration it is a differrant issue.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghvan,

Thanks for your reply. I am talking about for eg hydrants here. We currently have around 500 hydrants defined in legacy system and client wants to avoid those many materials in SAP. Also, we do not want to use batch management. Then how do we reduce the number of material in SAP using characteristics and classes in material master? Kindly revert. Thanks.

Thanks

ST