Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant to Company Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to SAP MM.

I was asked to re-assign a plant to another company code.

I know how to assign(OX18).But do i have to delete the previous one and assign it to the new one.

Eg: Plant 25 is assigned to CC 34,now they wanted me to assign it to CC 45,so do i have to delete the previous record???,tell me what needs to be done.

Another thing in ox18 tcode when i search for that CC i dont see it,but when i pull the table i can see that CC,so let please let me know .

Thanks,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As SaP 5.0 is concerned it is very much possible to delete the assignment of a plant to CC & then to assign it to other CC(Company Code.)

But you can't assign the Plant to 2 CC at a time, dat is not possible.

What you see that you should not have any open data with dat plant, else if it is a newly created plant than you can do it, no issues, what i feel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is not feasible to delete plant from one CC and assign to another CC . This will affect all the open documents existing in the plant .

Its better to create a new plant referring the existing plant and assign the same to CC.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srikanth,

You dont want to delete the previous record.

Just go to the tCode OX18 and click the new entries ,give the plant and company code.

save it..

plant willl be re assigned to the another company code.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No a plant to company code relation is one to one.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

So,what do you think needs to be done??

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's always not advisable to delete the Plant. This is because the related transactional data for the reports will not work.

So please create a new plant by copying from the one you want and create the same information as in the old plant.

Then transfer all the data from the old plant to the New Plant and just change the description of the Plant to delete or something meaningful.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally when a plant is assigned to CC and done with certain transactions , it can not be deleted and can not be added to other company codes as far as my knoledge is considered.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai,

For your quick reply,but will i still be able to re-assign it to a different company code??

Please let me know.

Regards,

Srikanth