cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Queries in one Worksheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to know what the disadvantages are of having two queries in the same worksheet of a workbook. Is it correct that the results of one query can overflow to the area of the second? How about issues with authorization, are there any?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes, result of one can flow over the other if you are using simple report with characteristics and output may vary.

Actually you apply basic Excel logic and its like 2 diff report on it.

Mostly you add more Fixed format reports to a single sheet. So that number of report rows dont increase and also you dont have any free characteristics to drilldown.

About authorization, that depends on individual reports. If a user doesnt have proper authorization for 1 of the reports then that report would throw error while other would show result.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a fixed format report in the workbook will show the values of each query distinctly. No overflow.

And about authorizaation, each workbook is transported by inserting it in a role i guess.. so the role should take care fo teh authorization.

Reg,

Rahul

subodhmarathe
Participant
0 Kudos

I dont think output of 1 report flow over the other. The table's size properties are dynamic so it won't flow over other table.

Regards,

Subodh