cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting rights/roles for users and groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps it's because I'm a newbie to this, but I can't find a direct way to get/set rights and roles for users. All the examples I find are for setting rights and roles for a report. Does this mean I can only set roles and rights for individual reports?

Any code samples would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to set the rights at the object level (reports, folders, etc), you can't set it at the user level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Newbie question then. Are groups considered an object as well?

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct users, groups, servers, reports, folders, inboxes etc are (info)objects.

If you are looking to manage/set/get rgihts for users and groups, download the developer guide from [here|http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/boesdk_net_dg_12_en.chm]

While opening the .chm file, clear the Always ask before opening this file check box in the Open File dialog box.

Open it,

Under contents tab,

Expand Using the sdk.

Expand Manageing user,rights and roles.

Expand Managing user rights.

cheers!

Deepu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

I have been using the help file extensively. Am I correct in assuming then that you can't assign a user group to a report, only individual users? If this is so, doesn't that bypass the need for creating groups? Or do I have to loop through each user in the user group and assign the rights that way?

Thank you,

James

Answers (0)