cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Stats Question - Too many records generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had determined that a some action on a specific BEx query occasionally generates over 2M rows in RSDDSTATHEADER and blows up my stats loads. This was true despite setting the statistics properties to u201C1 u2013 Front End/ Calc Layer.u201D

So I went to RSDDSTAT and set the statistics settings to u201COFFu201D for that query.

However, Iu2019m still getting records. I no longer get the u201Cstat level 1u201D records, but I do get roughly 1.8M in RSDDSTATHEADER where Handle Type=u201DDFLTu201D or u201CMDXu201D and STATLEVEL=2. Itu2019s as if the u201COFFu201D setting simply filtered out the statlevel 1 records that had the infoprovider & objectname filled out.

(1) Any idea how to prevent these records from finding their way into the stats tables? When this event occurs, 0TCT_DSA1 Delta runs for days with no results, and I find that I have to delete the query stats data for the relevant period.

(2) Any idea what is meant by this statement?

"9 u2013 No Data: The system does not record any data from the front end and calculation layer or from the aggregated event 99999. However, it does record data for the BEx Web templates and workbooks, depending on the setting." (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/43/e37f8a6df402d3e10000000a1553f7/content.htm).

In other words, when is "no data" really "no data"?!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far, so good, after applying the following notes:

1316668 - Statistics cannot be deactivated globally (SAPKW70021)

Symptom The system writes statistics data even if all statistics settings are

deactivated.

1492647 -> MDX: BW runtime statistics cannot be deactivated

1608989 -The exception, which is assigned to

class 'CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_TYPE', was

not caught in procedure "READ_FROM_DB" "(METHOD)", nor was it propagated

by a RAISING clause.

Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the

exception would occur, the current program is terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

The call to the function module "RSDDCVER_RFC_BW_WHM_STAT" is incorrect:

In the function module interface, you can specify only

fields of a specific type and length under "E_T_USAGE_BY_INFOCUBE".

Although the currently specified field " " is the correct type, its length is incorrect.