Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

MM17 not updating material master

I just created a materials with a wrong base uom field (MARA-MEINS) and I am trying to changing them using MM17 transaction.

There are not transaction for these materials yet.

It ends up with green check but does not update the material master. Please let me know if I am missing any thing.

Thanks

Srini

The message in applicaiton log show this..

The material cannot be maintained since no maintainable data transferred

Message no. MG160

Diagnosis

You wanted to maintain an existing material master record as follows:

By changing it

However, you have not yet maintained the material master record for the organizational levels and data fields specified, or user departments selected. You can therefore process this data only in Create mode.

By extending it

However, you have already fully created the material master record for the organizational levels and data fields specified, or user departments selected. You can therefore process this data only in Change mode.

In both cases, this message can appear if there is no maintainable user department left. This occurs if you have not set the Check required fields indicator when transferring data (program RMDATIND). Although the absence of an entry in required fields does not then necessarily result in an error, the number of maintainable user departments is reduced accordingly.

Procedure

Depending on the cause, maintain the material master record in Create or Change mode, or also transfer the missing required fields.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question