cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM17 not updating material master

0 Kudos

I just created a materials with a wrong base uom field (MARA-MEINS) and I am trying to changing them using MM17 transaction.

There are not transaction for these materials yet.

It ends up with green check but does not update the material master. Please let me know if I am missing any thing.

Thanks

Srini

The message in applicaiton log show this..

The material cannot be maintained since no maintainable data transferred

Message no. MG160

Diagnosis

You wanted to maintain an existing material master record as follows:

By changing it

However, you have not yet maintained the material master record for the organizational levels and data fields specified, or user departments selected. You can therefore process this data only in Create mode.

By extending it

However, you have already fully created the material master record for the organizational levels and data fields specified, or user departments selected. You can therefore process this data only in Change mode.

In both cases, this message can appear if there is no maintainable user department left. This occurs if you have not set the Check required fields indicator when transferring data (program RMDATIND). Although the absence of an entry in required fields does not then necessarily result in an error, the number of maintainable user departments is reduced accordingly.

Procedure

Depending on the cause, maintain the material master record in Create or Change mode, or also transfer the missing required fields.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen.

I am not that familiar with the CUNI transaction. Just wanted to check if it ok to change the ISO code in CUNI and make it unique?

We are using IS oil and ISO code for L, L15, L12 are all mapped to ISO code LTR. Not sure if this is standard or somebody set this up incorrectly. I do get a warning message "ISO code LTR is already used for measurement unit.." in CUNI.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in general changing the ISO code of a unit would be the right approach to make it unique.

But I cannot tell you if that is the right approach in your environment, without knowing if you do already EDI and IDOC exchanges with other systems.

0 Kudos

Correction : I meant " The field I am changing is MARA-MEINS "

0 Kudos

Can you please explain what you mean by "not clicked the header of the field that shall be changed". Is there a option in MM17?

The field I am changing is not MARA-MEINS.

I am changing it from L (Liter) to L15 (Ltrs 15 C). I checked CUNI and both these point to ISO code LTR

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like I thought, both units have the same ISO code, so it is not possible to exchange the base unit in MM17.

you will probably get the same problem if you use EDI and Idocs in future.

you can try changing it with LSMW recording method. I usually do not recommend to use recording method for material masters, but as the field is located in general data view and no other view is needed, it should be an easy change.

0 Kudos

Basic data view exists and I am trying to change the base filed only.

Please advice..we have lot materials to be fixed.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you ever succesfully changed anything with MM17?

I am just asking, as the message sound like you have not clicked the header of the field that shall be changed.

Or you entered the same unit as you already had.

MM17 uses IDOC method for changes, hence you have to enter the unit with the ISO unit.

What is you current value, what is your target value for the base unit, and what their ISO codes (check in transaction CUNI)?

0 Kudos

I am able to change it manually in MM02. I get a popup message that "AN data or packaging data already

exists for base unit of measure " . However it changes the base UOM no issues. We do not packing or EAN.

No alternative units maintained for sale or purchase.

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.Have created only the MARA data? i-e have u created only the Basic data one & 2?Check in MM01

If yes it will not work .U have to create other views for MM17 to work

2.Have u used the program RMDATIND for uploading master data?

If yes then check again MM02 whether basic data has been created.If not created then create thro MM01 & do the changes in MM17.

If u r having multiple materials without basic data view then u have create a LSMW to create the Basic data

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe you can use MM02 to change the unit.

and check the error log find the root cause.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if alternative UOM had been assigned to sales unit or purhcasing unit,if so, please remove them first in material master data.