Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Qty in Confirmation of Service is less than Delivery Quantity

Hi All,

I am trying to find the rootcause of a situation with our delivery document, hope you could help.

In our delivery, we have TAX "Non Stock Item" line items (no Movement Type); and for these kinds of items, I understand that:

1) They do not check stock, and you can do PGI without any stock

2) Upon GI, these generate "Confirmation of Service" entries in the document flow (whereas Standard Items, with Movement Types attached, generate a material document)

3) Unlike zero-delivery-quantity parent line items of batch splits, who also generate Confirmation of Service entries upon GI, our TAX items actually have a non-zero delivery quantity

4) The TAX items are not relevant for picking, so there is a delivery qty, but then there is 0 pick qty

The issue I am having is that for one of the TAX items, the Quantity in the Confirmation of service is less then the Delivery Quantity. That is, when I go into the document flow:

a) The delivery line item has 55 units

b) The Confirmation of Service has only 24 units

c) The Invoice has 55 units again for this item

What's weird is that, if TAX items do not check stocks at all, why did the qty in the confirmation of service become less than the original quantity that is specified in the delivery?

Another unusual behavior i am seeing (may or may not be related to the above) is that the delivery is already invoiced but the delivery's doc flow status is still "being processed" (and not "completed"). This may be because of the above issue, but I see the TotalGdsMvtStatus of the delivery as C "Complete" - which may be why the invoice was possible.

Hope you could help provide some insights. Thanks!

Regards,

Stephen

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question