cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material valuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While going through MB5B i came through the below mentioned scenario for a particular plant:

A material having open stock as 50 with stock value 25000

There has been a goods receipt (i.e. 302 movement type) of 5 with stock value 2500.

Then there has been a goods issue (i.e. 301 movement type) of 3 with stock value 1200.

I have checked that there has been no material price change done in between through BKPF table.

Also the material master has always been kept at price control V and the same is checked through MM04.

The material is batch valuated.

My query is since the material master has been kept at price control V so the issue stock value should be 1500 instead of 1200.

What can be the exact or close to reason for such behavior of the system?

Thanks & Regards,

Indranil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitbakshi3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Material is received in special stock (Q, O,V) then, it will not affect the Moving Average Price of the Material and will only hit the respective G/L Accounts.

Please highlight if the stock was moved from a normal unrestricted stock or a special stock.

Best regards,

Amit Bakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No special stock is involved. It has moved from unrestricted use.

Regards,

Indranil

Edited by: INDRANIL BHATTACHARYYA on Jun 14, 2011 9:02 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was happening due to the invoice gross value which was getting posted in between the goods receipt and goods issue like the freight vendor bill or agency bill. This don't get updated in MB5B since no material document gets created. The same can be checked through S_P00_07000139

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check it in MB5B report itself by double clicking material,you can find individual postings in which

you can also see invoice posting(by FI document number of invoice) which will affect MAP.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Valuation area is plant or company code ? , Check any price increase or decrease posted in invoice ?

[Transfer Postings from Plant to Plant|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/47/61000349f011d1894c0000e829fbbd/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valuation area is plant.

No price change has happened. The same has been checked in BKPF table with tcode MR21 & CK40N.

Went through the attachment. As coorectly mentioned there that the value for the issuing plant should be quantity * price of the material for the issuing plant. So accordingly in my case it should be 1500 & not 1200. Since before the issue i.e. 301 movement the MAP was 500.

So where can be the problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Indranil