Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Column headings are mismatched when export to excel (Data Only)

Hi All,

We have an old Crystal Web Portal designed using CE10 in VS 2003. The crystal viewer shipped with VS 2003 exports to excel (Data only) in correct order where all the columns headers are matched with the corresponding data.

We have re-written the entire new web portal in VS 2008 with using CE10 on windows 2003 server. Everything works we can view the report, page navigation, export to PDF, export to MS Excel 97-2000. However when export to MS Excel 97-2000 (Data only) option, the column headings are mismatched with the corresponding data. I don't understand what changed between VS 2003 Crystal Viewer and VS 2008 Crystal Viewer. I think this has to be the crystal viewer problem because I'm exporting from the viewer tool bar.

Here is the API referencing in the code:

In Visual Studio I'm referencing all CE10 10.0.3300 version api's. Howerver since Crystal Viewer with VS 2008 is newer and has 10.5.3700 version I'm using CrystalDecision.Shared and CrystalDecision.Web are version 10.5.3700. These seems to have no problem. The entire web portal works fine.

More about Web Portal:

-User is validated upon login with CE10

-use selects the report from the list

-Report ID is then passed to reportdocument

-reportdocument API loads the report and

-Viwer.reportsource= reportdocument.reportsource

We cannot update Crystal Enterprise 10 right now. I'm in the middle of deploying new web portal with VS 2008. I have to resolve the Export excel (Data only) option and have the column headers matched with the data in excel. I have tried everthing.

Can some help here.

thanks

Former Member
replied

Hi,

The problem isn't you can't print the problem is the application will not be able to see or connect to the User's printer. You need to be able to capture the User's printer collection and pass it to your application on the server.

Somehow, you need to get the User's local information to the server. That unfortunately is out of the Crystal's realm. Once you do that then the report will be able to use the printer.

Good luck,

Brian

Edited by: Brian Dong on Jun 20, 2011 10:57 PM

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question