Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Invoice Duplication

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In our SAP system, there are several companys.

I would like to check the invoice duplication between companys with criteria Vendor and Reference Field.

I have set the Check Duplication Invoices setting by the following path:

SPRO-> Materials Management -> Logistics Invoice Verification -> Incoming Invoice -> Set Check Duplication Invoices

As I would like to check the invoice duplication with same vendor and same reference field, I have only select the "Check Reference" box in the screen of all companies.

I have created an invoice in company A with vendor 1 and reference #REF1. I then create another invoice in company A with vendor 1 and reference #REF1.

I found that no duplication can be checked. Can I ask anything is missing in the setting?

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are referring to duplicate invoices in MIRO, then for avoiding check based on invoice date, then remove the tick from "invoice date" field against the co. code in which you want in SPRO->Materials Magement -> Logistics invoice verification -> Incoming invoice -> Set check for Duplicate invoices.

If you are referring to FI invoices, then you may have to activate BTE 1110 by creating your own Z function module (by copying FM SAMPLE_PROCESS_00001110).

In FI,when checking for duplicated invoices, the system compares the following :Vendor, currency, company code, gross amount of the invoice, reference document number and Invoice document date.

SAP Note 305201 clarifies this in a more details; please read it.

The following fields must be identical for Duplicate invoice check

Company code (BUKRS)

Vendor number (LIFNR)

Currency (WAERS)

Reference number (XBLNR)

Amount in document currency (WRBTR)

Document date (BLDAT)

If the document is having any one of the above filed different then the

system does not consider it as a duplicate invoice.

Also It will check duplicate invoice check in vendor master data and in posting key is there check box selected for sales related

The setting you making in OMRDC i.e Materials management->Logistics Invoice Verification->Incoming Invoice ->Set Check for Duplicate Invoices is only valid for MM and not FI invoices posted via FB60/FB65

You should check the F1 help on field "Chk double inv." (LFB1-REPRF) in the relevant vendor master record (transaction FK03).

Please also check, that message F5 117 has been set correctly in the IMG using this path:

Financial Accounting -> Financial Accounting Global Settings -> Document -> Default Values for Document Processing -> Change Message Control for Document Control For Document Processing

Finally & mainly, go to the relevant posting key is defined as sales related in transaction OB41. You have to flag this field if the

duplicate invoice check should work.

Regards,

SAPFICO

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks of your clear reply.

Thanks again

Sunny

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to change the ABAP code in BTE 00001110 (process module).

This may solve the duplicate invoice check with FB60.

Detailed info about BTE:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/BusinessTransactionevents(BTE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should also work for FB60,

After you enter the Vendor Code, Invoice Date, Reference and Amount, you should see a warning message duplicate invoice, provided Vendor, Code, Reference, and Amount are same (Assuming that you do not check the invoice data and config correctly)

If you want to change the warning message to error, use tcode OBA5,

Key in Application Area F5

New entry message 117 and set it to E for online and batch, it will be changed to error message.

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Feng Hwa Hui ,

Sorry that may be my question is not clear.

Actually, is it possible to change the check duplication invoice criteria for transaction FB60?

this is because I found that afterI unselect the invoice date in the "set check invoice duplication" transation (under SPRO-> Materials Management -> Logistics Invoice Verification -> Incoming Invoice -> Set Check Duplication Invoices), and then I create invoice via FB60, invoice date is still checking.

Where can I change the duplication invoice criteria for transaction FB60?

Thanks of your kindly help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on your spro setting("Duplicate Invoice Check" function under SPRO), you should checked these 2 fields:

3) Check co. code (Check Company Code indicator)

4) Check reference (Check reference field indicator)

If not working, try 4 fields

Based on your spro setting("Duplicate Invoice Check" function under SPRO), you should checked these 4 fields:

1) CoCode (Company code)

2) Name (Company Nmae)

Company code is required to be checked...

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Feng Hwa Hui,

Thanks your idea.

I found that the setting only work in MIRO but not work in other invoice input transactions(e.g. FB65, F-43 and FB60)

Are there any other setting for these transactions?

Thanks your reply again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vendor master data: Payment transactions Accounting: Payment data tab, you may want to check whether the Chk double inv checkbox is being checked.

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Feng Hwa Hui,

So many thanks of your reply. I have checked my vendor master, the indicator is slected.

By the way, can I ask is it possible to change the invoice duplication setting in FB60. If i input invoice in FB60 and I don't want check the duplicate of invoice date, it is possible and how to configure it?

Thanks again

Sunny

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

During the Duplicate Invoice check, the system checks for the following:

Vendor

Currency

Company code

Gross invoice amount

Reference document number

Invoice document date

If the same matches, you can set up an error/warning message. The message set up is done in:

OBA5

Application Area WS

Message No.121

Online and Batch : E

If you want to write your own checking logic using the Business Transaction Step 110. For activating BTE

1. Create a Function module by copying SAMPLE_PROCESS_00001110 and adding your own Abap code for duplicate invoice checking.

2. Go to T.code FIBF and in the menu go to Settings->Products -> Of a customer

3. Create a new product and save

4. Again go to T.code FIBF and in the menu go to Settings->Process modules-> of a Customer

5. Create new entry as follows and save.

Event: 00001110 Appl:FI-FI Function Module : (Name of the FM you have created) Product : (The one which you have created)

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

<a href="http://www.vcq.biz/">ronaldo wallpapers</a>, <a href="http://www.utorrent.name/">utorrent</a>Hi

<a href="http://freeebooks.name/">books online</a>, <a href="http://www.utorrent.name/">utorrent</a>

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bhandari,

Many thanks of your reply, I know more about duplicate invoice checking.

After I open the "Duplicate Invoice Check" function under SPRO, I can see there are five columns

1) CoCode (Company code)

2) Name (Company Nmae)

5) Check inv.date (Check invoice date indicator)

As I want to check duplication by matching reference field and vendor code only, iso that I select the column "Check reference" only, is it correct?

Many thanks Bhandari

Sunny